+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Pram

Could I please get some feedback on double prams..

Which is better/more practical - side by side or one in front of the other?

Kiddies will be 11 months apart

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I prefer a side by side simply because I find with inline prams you lose storage space and the 2nd seat can never see anything.

I the shops that I had trouble with my mountain buggy duo I still have trouble with my versa in.

My picks for double prams would be the strider compact (inline) as it seems to have the most storage along with great practicalities. For side by side I'd go with the mountain buggy again, Id love the donkey more if it folded better though.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the Baby Jogger City Select, I haven't yet used it as a double (bub number 2 is on the way) but have loved it. There is heaps of storage for my massive nappy bag and whatever else I happen to buy at the shops. I can even fit a jumbo box of nappies in the storage area if I don't have my nappy bag in there...
    Good luck, such a huge decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the chicco website yesterday and saw an amazing double pram. Especially if you had twins as it fits two carriers! Anyway it's not a side by side and I have no experience with it just thought I'd mention it as it looked great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I bought a steelcraft agile twin (it's a side by side) for my boys (16 months apart). It's easy to fold, easy to steer (even one handed if needed), fairly light to lift in and out of the car and has really big sun hoods. It also came with capsule attachments so I could use the steelcraft capsule I had from DS1 for ds2 which was handy. It's reasonably priced and suited us.

Downsides-it doesn't have a huge storage basket underneath (I was used to the giant one from the strider plus I had) and it's a little wide but I still get around most shops etc and the buckles for seat belt are a bit fiddly to do up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I prefer prams like the city select or strider compact. I have a side by side but it is a PITA to take around the shopping centre as it's wide plus the basket space is so small compared to the city select or even strider compact. Like the option that you don't need to have it in double mode at all times either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a mountain buggy duet after trying the strider. The mb duet is actually not as wide as the strider. Looked at city select but was too long for me and didn't like the idea of having to remove seats to fold and was too big an bulky for our boot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't like the side by side, doesn't worry me if one kid can't see as well. We have the iCandy Peach. Looks great and it's not bulky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my city select!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a phil and ted when dd was a newborn as well as a baby carrier. I liked it cause it was nice and slimline. When they were 1.5 and 2.5 yrs I bought a mountain buggy duet so they could sit side by side ( because they argued over who had to sit in the back) but it is quite heavy to lift in and out of the car, I preferred using shopping trolleys at that point if I was shopping and just used the pram for long walks. I also had a secondhand phil and ted vibe which I really loved as well.

A good double pram is essential. When they were both crying and needed comforting for nap times and I didn't know which one to comfort first, I used to pop them both in the pram and walk around the block until they both fell asleep.