+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TMI - lost/stuck tampon

I finished my period approx 2/3days ago and noticed that I was getting dark brown discharge and a not so pleasant smell. I don't normally get the dark brown colour and certainly not a smell with my period so this had me worried. I then realised that maybe I still had a tampon in. I didn't feel like I had and after examining myself I couldn't feel one in. Totally freaked out I started googling the symptoms and found lots of women say that this had happened to then and they had a tampon stuck in.
    So freaked out and starting to panic I asked my husband to have a look, he couldn't see anything so I told him to feel around and see if there is anything, to my horror he found a tampon wedged in and could just reach the string enough for me to grab the string and remove.
    It was the most horrific and embarrassing moment of my life and I don't think DH will ever be able to look at my vagina again.
    Anyway my question is should I be going to the doctor? I have no idea how long the tampon was there for and now I'm worried that maybe there is another one in there or it has caused some damage?
    How this ever happened to anyone before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would get checked out to be honest, I think there's a thing called toxic shock syndrome? Pretty sure Its just a blood test but I could be way off!

Sorry that happened I would have felt embarrassed too

ETA: If you are worried there is another in there I would definitely be getting checked out. It can be quite dangerous for one to be in there for so long.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 01-01-2014 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry I just had a quick google I hope I didn't scare you! It looks to be rare. Do you feel well in general?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be heading to hospital tonight to have it removed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. I would also be heading to hospital.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP said she got it out..

I would just watch my temp OP and see how you go. I would probably be horrified too have a little chat with your hubby and tell him that you feel that way, I'm sure he will reassure you

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (02-01-2014),risfaerie  (01-01-2014),SpecialK  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me once except it was in for two weeks! My doctor just gave me antibiotics,..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we got it out. I don't really know if another could be in. Surely there couldn't be 2 in there that I wasn't aware of? Think I just freaked myself out.

I feel fine, don't have a temp or feel unwell.

Will go to my doctors in the morning for peace of mind I think

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misscheekysmum For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing. As headoverfeet said, I would be keeping an eye on myself. If your temp or anything changes it may be worth a call to your hospital or a 24 medical advice line, at the very least to calm your fears.

TSS is really rare, but perhaps a call to a professional will help to ease your minds.

As for your hubby, have a chat to him, they are more resilient than we think. My DH still loves me after many many mortifying situations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had two in there and not realised until I pulled the first one out and noticed there was a second set of strings!