+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parents of children conceived via egg donation

Hi all I'm a mum of one, my boy was conceived via egg donation through Cape Fertility Clinic South Africa. Without the wonderful clinic and South African donor agencies I would never have had the opportunity to have a child, become a mum as I always dreamt I would be. I have a thread called egg donation in South Africa I think we are currently up to thread #4 at the moment, if you are interested in finding out more about egg donation look it up I would post a link here but I am Working with an ipad and I am unable too.

As we have quite a few graduates to motherhood and we will have many more in the future it was suggested a thread was started for graduates to discuss their pregnancies and children, so I thought I would start this thread knowing there are many other clinics in the world I wanted to open the thread not only to CFC graduates but to all egg donation graduates after all we have all been through the same thing to achieve our dreams and will go through the same hurdles as our bubs get older. You are not alone.

I hope this thread becomes a wealth of information and as supportive to its participants as my original thread and look forward to reading the updates of your little bundles of joy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (17-01-2014),January  (01-01-2014),sootymay  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great Idea Jodi - Can't wait to be part of it once bubs is finally on the way !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodi and Sooty, looking forward to engaging with you and others on this new thread. Parenting whichever way it happens is challenging no matter what, but having this opportunity to share amongst people who have similar experiences is so very important especially now, with the growing amount of successful pregnancies with either donor eggs, sperm or both increasing every day.
    As I'm in a reflective new year frame of mind, I just wish to say that I could not have gone down this path without the support of the courageous women on the South Africa thread. Good work getting this up and going. Will post in more detail soon. WJ x
    Last edited by wilson joy; 01-01-2014 at 21:34. Reason: Typo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say great idea JodiW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default South Africa success

Hello ladies
    A huge thank you goes out to Jodie for starting yet another thread
    i know this thread will become another source of information shared by a group of courageous woman who have achieved their dreams of becoming a parent.

hubby and I went to CFC in feb 2013 to use donor eggs after years of IVF , we are now the proud parents of twin girls Ella & Charli
    I look forward to meeting other DE mummies

cheers Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for starting the thread. I've already posted this on the ED SA thread but I thought I should put it here too.
    I'm 43 and my husband is 36 we have been together 6 years. We went to a FS January 2011. Ovarian stimulation cycle x 1 failed. 1 x IVF 1 follicle slow to grow and ovulated prior to collection. AMH <1. DE seemed the best option. Our FS suggested CFC. June 2011 all set and our donor pulled out at the last minute. EDSA were great and organised a new donor for August (my husband's first preference). 10 eggs, 7 fertilised, 5 survived to day 5, 2 transferred and 2 frozen. My beautiful little boy was born 26/4/12. April 2013 FET. BFN. June 2013 cycle with same donor. 4 eggs, 2 fertilised, both transferred day 3. BFP (amazed). 29 weeks with a little boy, all going well.

judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    there is a catch up in perth of people with children from egg donation, people thinking of egg donation and egg donors. It has been organised by people on the egg donation Australia website. 12th of jan in kings park. If anyone what's further details let me know.

judy