+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6 weeks too early for heart rate?

It's feeling very reminiscent of my mc, so am hoping for some good stories.

I've just had an early u/s due to bleeding. All looks perfect, non-concerning bleed. But no heart rate at 6w1d measurements. Has anyone had no heart rate at this stage but gotten one soon after?

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I do IVF and our clinic don't do any ultrasounds to see the HB prior to 7-8 weeks because it can be very distressing if nothing is seen because its so early.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry, I would book in again in another 10 days. There will b lots of ladies saying they have seen a HB at 5 weeks but there are lots who don't see it til much later as well.

Big hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we did ultrasound at our IVF clinic I was 7 weeks 3 days. Our doc said she won't do ultrasound before at least 7 weeks unless medically necessary (cramping / bleeding etc) she doesn't want to freak new parents out when it could have just been too early for detection.

Book in as Previous person said in another week or two

Thanks
    Reviews
    My original dating scan had already been booked for a week from today, so 7 weeks. If it wasn't for that bleed I wouldn't be in this horrible limbo again :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had multiple scans on Tuesday at 6 weeks 2 days (I thought I was at least 7 weeks). My dr couldn't see anything when he scanned me in his room and at the hospital they could only just see a heartbeat. I know it's hard but try not to panic. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a scan at 8 weeks and it took them ten minutes to find the heart beat. By then I had lost my sh1t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a scan at 6w3d, there was a heartbeat but my OB wouldn't check the heart rate that early because he said people read too much into it and get themselves upset.

BUT before he even scanned me he made it clear that I was not to panic if there was no heartbeat, that he would be happy just to see a sac and fetal pole and we could check for the heartbeat the following week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dating scan was at 5 weeks 6 days (with hindsight I didn't need a dating scan because I knew I was 6 weeks) and they found no heartbeat, no embryo, just a sac. Last time our first scan was at 9 weeks. I think it was silly to send me so early... all the time, money and effort for little result. Hopefully you are fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my ultrasound at what they thought was 6 weeks and the embryo wasn't even big enough to see yet but I had blood tests the day after that show around 6 weeks. Every pregnancy is different, every baby grows at a different rate. Try not to worry too much as this will stress your body out too. Sending lots of love to you at this distressing time, I hope everything will work out ok xx