+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We give $100 distant friends
    $200 close friends

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Me&Smooches  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would do what you can afford and what you feel comfortable with.

I think $100 is a standard amount, however if they aren't close friends, I would be more inclined to give less.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    We have been invited to a destination wedding in early 2014 and instead of a gift or wishing well they have asked guests to cover the cost of the reception dinner/drinks which is $150 per person.
    Even if we were going to get them a gift or wishing well I wouldn't be giving them $300 so hence we are not attending.
    That is on too of the flights, accommodation etc.
    The hens night is looking close to $250 for me to attend a few weeks prior to the wedding and it is a shame that my DH is working that day so I can't attend that either. That $250 was to cover lunch at a restaurant, drinks, nibbles, entertainment (stripper) and club entry and a hotel for the night.
    I am pregnant so no drinking and I am vegetarian so the vegetarian meals are usually cheaper. This is one very demanding bride...they have recently purchased their second house, new car, and just spent 6 weeks overseas!!! Sorry but I am not paying for your wedding! Sorry OP, rant over!

Usually we give $100, but for our very close friends we give $200.
    WOW!!!! That is terrible..

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind wishing wells in this day and age as long as people don't have an expectation. I had a wishing well at my wedding that we used to go on our honeymoon with. I didn't mind how much people put in though and didn't care if people didn't put anything in.

I hate receiving gifts though. Most things an by most I mean 99 percent of things people give me was useless and usually sits in the garage with me not getting rid of it because I feel bad. In fact I'd rather nothing then a gift but would also seriously not care if people did give nothing... just grateful they came.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    $100 for friends- $200 for close friends and family

Missing our little angel baby..& waiting for our rainbow after the storm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSparkles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we go to weddings, we usually give $100 for the wishing well. We had a wishing well at our wedding. We weren't fussed with how much people put, or if they didn't put in anything at all. We were very appreciative of everything we got. A couple of people bought us gifts and I absolutely loved what we were given by them.
    As a guest, I do find a wishing well easier because I always worry about if the gifts I buy people are okay and if they'll actually use/like them. I do think it's okay for people who don't want to participate in the ww to give a gift if they're more comfortable doing so.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would put in $100 per person or $200 per couple but I would also only accept a wedding invite if I was close to the couple as I find organising my time to get to a wedding is a bit of a pain. (Clothing, babysitters, getting ready etc).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like wishing wells. I find it much better than picking out a gift that the couple may now even like.
    It depends on the couple as to how much we give. If we aren't close its usually $100, close friends $200 and same for family. We gave our best friends $600 because we love them and knew how much it would help them out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (03-01-2014),Me&Smooches  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Think $100 is the way to go as it is really all we can afford after Christmas

♥him & me = ds 17/9/2013♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree $100 per couple for friends