+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet training tips

I recently purchased a potty for ds. Hes 21 months. He loves to sit on it and obviously knows what its for but he just sits there and laughs and doesnt do anything. He lets us know when he does a wee or a poo when he has a nappy on and we try show him where it goes and encourage him as much as possible. He has done a wee in it before but only once. Now he just sits on it and thinks its a toy! How else can i make him aware of what to do and to use it more often? Or is it just a waiting game

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Put him straight on the toilet. Keep telling him that poo and wee go in the toilet. I used a kid seat at first. I wouldn't bother with potty if u can avoid it. Take off his nappy. Be prepared to stay home for 1-2 wks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To being with we just kept the potty in the bathroom (or toilet was in the same room) and when we were running the bath each night we just got them to sit on it and it usually resulted in a wee. After a few weeks of wees most nights in the potty we ditched nappies all together and just full toilet trained them. DD1 I started TT at 21months and she took about 6 months to full get it and be day and night trained. DD2 I started at 26months and it took her about a week to stop having many accidents but she is now 3 and still in night nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would agree with what ProudMumma said - try go straight to the loo and avoid the potty. We're using a potty and eh... it's more to clean up, esp. the sloppy poops.

Anyway, I take bub with me whenever I go to the loo, so we both "go". Same if daddy goes. Sometimes bub goes as well, sometimes he doesn't. I don't care as long as he's happy to sit. Mummy sits on the "big toilet" and bub sits on the "little toilet". Then we both flush and wash our hands. First thing in the morning and after naps we catch the most pees. Then when he's grunting we rush to the potty and sometimes get the rest in there. I also put him on there just before his evening shower and we usually get something then.

Also, I put the potty out of reach when not in use so he can't play with it... doesn't help with independence I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used the three day potty training guide and it worked for both my boys. First was 26 mo and second was 27 mo. First took a couple of months to night train too but my second has not had a wet night since we started.
    Happy to email it if you are interested. Even just for ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by One of THOSE mums! View Post
    We used the three day potty training guide and it worked for both my boys. First was 26 mo and second was 27 mo. First took a couple of months to night train too but my second has not had a wet night since we started.
    I'm just starting this whole toilet training thing with my daughter too and would love some ideas! Are you able to email it to me? How do we go about doing that if I don't want to post my email on here? (Sorry not a very frequent poster, not sure how these things work! )

At the moment my daughter is out of nappies when at home, she's happy to sit on the toilet but doesn't regularly do anything. She'll tell me she needs to wee but often we don't quite get to the toilet in time. Am just taking the gentle approach but would be keen to know how this 3 day thing works. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 1OTM - I'd be interested in the 3 day potty training guide too if you don't mind thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh me too please! We are trying with my ds who is a little older (2.75) and so far a little resistant! The toilet seemed to scare him (the booster seat moved and I had to lift him onto it which he didn't like. He was asking for the potty and doing a wee maybe once a day for a little while but then stopped again. I'm finding myself wishing we were out the other side aleady! I have left the potty in the lounge etc so it was in sight, but my dd is 12 months and crawling so I had to move it back to the bathroom!

Sent from my HTC One X

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Please don't email the guide to anyone if you PAID for the document as that is illegal. If the author has granted FREE access please share the link and members can view the guide that way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love this if possible please?? I'm having trouble with my 27mth old actually wanting to use the potty or toilet, even though he displays every sign!