+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did up a pic of my 2 girls then a pic of 12wk scan

I had the 2 girls pic + scan pic = family complete (due date)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a custom made t shirt off ebay for DS that said "J is going to be a big brother". I put it on ds with a zip up jumper over the top. We went to the folks house and I just said "oh I got the coolest tshirt for ds the other day" and I unzipped the jumper to reveal the tshirt. My FIL squinted his eyes and says "why would J want to go on 'Big Brother' for? He's too young! " then they both re-read it and lots of laughs & tears :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I bought a custom made t shirt off ebay for DS that said "J is going to be a big brother". I put it on ds with a zip up jumper over the top. We went to the folks house and I just said "oh I got the coolest tshirt for ds the other day" and I unzipped the jumper to reveal the tshirt. My FIL squinted his eyes and says "why would J want to go on 'Big Brother' for? He's too young! " then they both re-read it and lots of laughs & tears :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Lol that's classic!!!! Your FIL would have been totally confused. Love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A bit of a back story, but stick with me

I have 2 older brothers, and mum had such a hard time with #2's birth, she assumed she couldn't have any more kids. My parents went 6 years without contraception so I was well and truly a surprise. When Mum told nana, she called her up and asked if she had a pattern for booties. My Nana didn't twig at all and said "oh, is one of the ladies at work pregnant?" "No" "oh, is one of the ladies in your street pregnant?" "No" "Oh, is one of the school mums pregnant?" "No" "Oh, is one of the ladies at David's (my dad) work pregnant?" "No" "... But then Who is pregnant?????" "Err, Me." "My goodness! How did that happen??" To which my mum replied "Mum, you have had six kids. If you don't know by now, I'm not telling you!!!"

Fast forward 26 years and I pg with #2. We went round to mum and dads and I said to mum "Mum, remember when you were knitting the cardi for Lucy (my niece)? Do you have a pattern for booties?"

Mum kind of stared at me for a while then realised and started crying/ congratulating . Dad had no idea what was happening and kind of wandered off hahaha.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

MissSparkles  (12-01-2014),NewMrs  (08-01-2014),summastarlet  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm planning on printing out in nice font : 'if I'm going to get fat, so are you'. Put it on some nice craft paper/cardboard & put it on top of a box of chocolates with a ribbon around it & see how long it takes to figure it out

I hope I'm able to do that soon

Other ideas, buying DH's fav football team in a baby jump suit & give that to him

Thanks
    Reviews
    1382007_10151637175931568_665198222_n.jpg
    We used this photo of our dog for our public announcement not everyone actually got it tho.
    I had heaps of ideas to tell my husband but it happened quicker then we thought so I just drew a little my family stick figure family of us and our dog and drew a little baby on my tummy. He stared at it for a bit before it sunk in lol
    For family I just rang most of them and said something like " I was just wondering how you would feel about becoming a great nana/aunty/grandpa ect?" or something along those lines.
    My parents I had coffee cups made up and dads said "grandpa to be" with a monkey on it and my mums had a cartoon lion with a surprised look on its face and a baby lion cub sitting on its head and it said "Im going to be a grandma?"
    Some other family friends I got a book called "My first puppy" (they love our dog) I wrote inside it "Dear Aunty and Uncle will you please read to me in April 2014 Love Baby"
    Lots of friends we just told outright I said to one of them when she asked me why I wasn't taking my usual migraine painkillers that I was busy baking a play mate for her little one. (she is pregnant 7 weeks ahead of me)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Loulou789 For This Useful Post:

MissSparkles  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389421504.534830.jpg

Going to make dp read the anniversary card first, telling him that we will have a very special present in September for our anniversary!