+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hehe. I'm already thinking of ideas for my Facebook announcement at twelve weeks lol

Me: 31, DH: 33, DD1: 8, DD2: 6 😃 #3 due Sept 2014 ❤

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineMunky For This Useful Post:

Takemehigher  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We announced ours in a video on fb DS was about 2 yrs 3 months and only saying a few words but able to copy us, so we recorded him saying 'I am going to be a big brother' it was adorable!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't really tell many people but when I was 6 months I posted on Facebook that dp layed his face my belly and bub kicked him. Haha.
    I have also seen someone hang jeans on a clothes line. The dad's, mum's, their first child, then a small pair for their expecting bub.
    I saw a pic on Facebook of a couple standing next to an oven with a bun inside it.
    And then there's those 'keep calm' meme things going around (I don't know what to call them) but I've seen one, 'keep calm, we're having a baby, 2014'.
    Eta: I've also seen a video posted on Facebook of their first child announcing he was going to be a big brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put the sonogram picture in a Christmas card for my grandparents & let them open it to realise they were looking at their great grandchild's first photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband sent me a someecard a few days after we found out that says "Growing a baby make me feel like a superhero... a superhero that is weak, tired, wants to eat all the time, and can't lift heavy things." We're going to post that on facebook, probably around 14-15 weeks once we can tell everyone in person that we want to.

All of our family is overseas, so we probably do a mix of skype and calling to tell them. I think I'm going to text my sister the songogram pic with a note saying "Hi, Aunt X!" before I call her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As soon as DH walked in the door I shoved the stick in his face. I had all these great plans but was toooo excited!!

My mum picked it.. (She is a midwife) I had called her asking for this awesome drs number because I had been feeling unwell for a couple of days, my wrist was sore (RSI type) and I had this weird growth on my jaw and she asked if I was pregnant... I didn't know I was at that time but her question made me buy the test.. I ended up telling her that I was by letting her know I didn't need that dr app after all lol

My inlaws - we took the HPT and surprised them with it lol -hubby's idea!

On FB I posted something like - wishing farewell to my toes! I'll see you again in Feb little guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a "I'm going to be a big brother!" iron on from eBay, ironed it to a tshirt and changed my profile pic on fb to DS wearing it 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look at pinterest, they have the BEST pregnancy revel suggestions so exciting

Missing our little angel baby..& waiting for our rainbow after the storm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't said anything on FB yet, I know it will come out some time, your ideas help

Before Christmas we rang my mum, and seperately my SIL. We do a secret santa, and I was supposed to be pulling a name out the hat, showing it to them via skype so they knew who they had to buy for.
    For mum I pulled out 'Nan', then said ooh hang on wrong one... then showed her 'Grandma'.. it her first grandchild, so she got it straight away.

for SIL I pulled out Aunty Ash... took her a min, thinking she was buying for herself.. but screamed and swore once she realised. lol

I had another idea, but it wasn't delivered in time.. I did up a 2014 calendar for my mum, had pics from us kids, our fur babies etc throughout the months, in June though I placed our dating scan and 12wk scan pics, with Due 15th June 2014.. was going to send it over for xmas and get them to work it out..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this has the be the best picture I've seen for an announcement...however I showed it to my best friend and she didn't get it
    239fb324674121db9c506d19fe48fb5e.jpg

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emsy82 For This Useful Post:

heatherm  (09-01-2014),JungleMum  (08-01-2014),Lauzy  (02-01-2014),M'LadyEm  (02-01-2014)