+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often is your 2 yr old on the naughty spot/time out a day

I do 123 Magic with DS with an automatic 3 if he hits, bites or throws something deliberately at one of us. The other day was 5 times in about 45 min, yesterday 3 times over the day and today 0 so far. Hoping he is getting the message. Just wondering how many times a day other 2 yr olds average.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if I've been blessed with an easy going child, or it more than likely hasn't hit us yet!! But I rarely have to discipline DS1 (27mths) in a serious manner.

Yes he can be cheeky and pushes the boundaries, but usually me raising my voice a bit does the trick!! Geez I hope it stays that way....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS would be in time out all the time if he'd stay in it. We haven't even got that far yet, at the moment it's immediate removal/put down to floor/back to him and saying "hitting hurts, we do not hit"...

I'd love some tips, my DS is really trying us at the moment. He stayed at my parents the other night to give us a break. It's exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today, not at all. Some days once or twice. Three or four times on a really bad day. Sometimes if he hurts his sister he puts himself there. Most days 0-1 times. Not to say he isn't naughty but a warning usually does the trick.

It's hilarious when he tries to put one of our kittens on the naughty spot and make him stay for 2 minutes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I'm not sure if I've been blessed with an easy going child, or it more than likely hasn't hit us yet!! But I rarely have to discipline DS1 (27mths) in a serious manner.

Yes he can be cheeky and pushes the boundaries, but usually me raising my voice a bit does the trick!! Geez I hope it stays that way....

Me me raising my voice results in DS laughing, so frustrating! You've got a good thing going Pesca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Me me raising my voice results in DS laughing, so frustrating! You've got a good thing going Pesca
    Geez I hope it stays that way then!! Mind you I have other battles, like right now the little bugger is still awake...is taking ages to go to sleep these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Geez I hope it stays that way then!! Mind you I have other battles, like right now the little bugger is still awake...is taking ages to go to sleep these days.
    Its swings and round abouts isn't it. Take the good when you've got it and battle through the trials when they come too. Happy new year too! X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (31-12-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend's 2 year old is almost constantly on the naughty spot in the evenings (he's only just started it so she's learning boundaries though)

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ended up with 0 today which is great. Not to say I didn't have to count more than a couple of times but he stopped at 2 so that's the aim to not get to 3 so YAY. I didn't think he'd stay on the chair but he has most of the time but I watch him and remind him he has to sit until I say he can get off. Up until this week he was having naughty time in the play pen but we took it down to give him more play space and are now using a naughty chair.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have come to the conclusion that Time Out doesn't work long term, so I stopped using it. You can only put them in the corner if they are willing to stay there. If they keep leaving you have a battle of wills & you both end up angry / frustrated / yelling etc Using the playpen as a punishment area doesn't really make sense, because it's where they are supposed to play (& be happy). That sends mixed messages, and leads to more playing up.

I have gone a step back & looked at WHY they are behaving that way. Babyla, this may sound crazy but a hug might fix your hitting problem. Kids often misbehave because they are looking for attention. Whey they get attention for doing negative things, they are getting what the want - attention. BUT they don't yet know the difference between good attenion and bad attention. Try picking him up, giving him a cuddle and a quick explanation - "we don't hit because it hurts and it makes us sad. Hugs are much nicer!" Give him a kiss on the forehead and pop him back down at whatever he was doing. You might have to do it a couple of times, but better more hugs than more fights about staying in the naughty corner!

Would love to know if this works for you.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FamilyFortunate For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-01-2014),Bubbles10  (01-01-2014),mrswhitehouse  (01-01-2014),River Song  (01-01-2014)