Closed Thread
Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    A bit of a vent:So SIL is over tonight and I plan on going back to work when the baby is a year old. It will go to uni day care when my partner goes to uni and I will work a few days a week. Of course we got put down for this because apparently you can't go back to work after having a baby "that's not how we parent" were her words. It just annoys me so much that everyone can tell me that I shouldn't go back to work do they want to pay my bills? Lol so annoyed!!!

On an upside hope you ladies all had great long weekends
    sounds like she is really far removed from the real world! I'd love to stay home, but here I am, having been back at work more than a year, juggling 4 days a week with a two-year old Don't let it get to you - whatever you do, you'll be criticised anyway. If you stay home people will tell you you're being lazy (but of course we all know how much hard work mums who are doing their job properly are putting in at home). The trick is to make your time at home 'quality time' and really spend your child's awake time bonding with them and doing things together. When I get home from work, I pick up my daughter from childcare and she 'helps' me cook dinner, then we eat it together, i play with her while she has her bath, we read stories and then put her to bed. On my day off, I make a point to spend time playing with her or going out to the playground or something. That doesn't mean children can't be involved in the household chores though. She has always been my shadow when i've had to hang washing or clean the house. We just make it a game, and she gets a cloth to wipe things with or she plays with the pegs. She loves it! In this day and age it is unrealistic to assume that most people can stay at home beyond paid maternity leave, so just make the most of the time you have

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A bit of a vent:So SIL is over tonight and I plan on going back to work when the baby is a year old. It will go to uni day care when my partner goes to uni and I will work a few days a week. Of course we got put down for this because apparently you can't go back to work after having a baby "that's not how we parent" were her words. It just annoys me so much that everyone can tell me that I shouldn't go back to work do they want to pay my bills? Lol so annoyed!!!

Good thing it's not HER child than isn't it? FFS. Don't let her make you feel down hun I have found that when people comment negatively on someone elses parenting it's just so they can justify their own choices or situation. Water off a ducks back or tell her to pull her head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Goodness. Some people just can't help but give an opinion on how to manage other people's lives/problems, can they?

Thanks
    Reviews

I would have told her that she can pay for the bills lol
    You just worry about you, your partner & kids !!! Bugger what anyone else thinks honey! They aren't in your shoes.

PreggySiren is offline Apparently I should be beyond "thinking positive!" Well I'm not!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the welcome!

Wow. Some people, eh? Personally, I think I would go completely mad at home - need some adult conversation etc. But I certainly admire those mums that do stay home. I think the point is that everyone does it differently and it's not productive in the slightest to attack someone else's decision. Aaaanyway

Now that I'm here, any advice would be swell. I'm 3 days late for a clockwork 28 day cycle. No stress or anything different going on this month. I've had lots of pregnancy symptoms (lots, so I won't go into all of them!) and we hit the prime time this month I'm thinking that knowing that may just be making me imagine symptoms. Anyway, food aversion, bitter taste on and off, and lethargy are all in swing. BUT negative negative negative (even with FMU this morning on a FRER). Checked my cervix the last three days - almost out of reach and soft/medium. Yellowish tinged CM the past couple of days. I had AF cramping like crazy 2 days ago, but it's subsided to just tugs now.

I'm expecting AF... but I just want to know either way. I've tried orgasms and exercise to bring her on Either way is fine (this is the first month!) @ that darn witch getting hopes up!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow! Why do some people feel the need to add their (unwanted) 2c worth?
    I would take what she's saying with a grain of salt and keep doing whatever works for you 😊 xx

Preggy- sounds positive to me! With DS2, I only ever got the faintest of faint positive after being about 5 days late! I saw my GP and booked a blood test because the not knowing was driving me insane! Good luck. I hope it's good news for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Preggy unfortunately the only advice we can give you is to be patient. Guaranteed, you'll get your answer one way or another. Easier said than done I know but try not to think about it, and try to set yourself a future test date (eg not testing until Friday) so you're not spending a fortune on tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreggySiren View Post

Wow. Some people, eh? Personally, I think I would go completely mad at home - need some adult conversation etc. But I certainly admire those mums that do stay home. I think the point is that everyone does it differently and it's not productive in the slightest to attack someone else's decision. Aaaanyway

Now that I'm here, any advice would be swell. I'm 3 days late for a clockwork 28 day cycle. No stress or anything different going on this month. I've had lots of pregnancy symptoms (lots, so I won't go into all of them!) and we hit the prime time this month I'm thinking that knowing that may just be making me imagine symptoms. Anyway, food aversion, bitter taste on and off, and lethargy are all in swing. BUT negative negative negative (even with FMU this morning on a FRER). Checked my cervix the last three days - almost out of reach and soft/medium. Yellowish tinged CM the past couple of days. I had AF cramping like crazy 2 days ago, but it's subsided to just tugs now.

I'm expecting AF... but I just want to know either way. I've tried orgasms and exercise to bring her on Either way is fine (this is the first month!) @ that darn witch getting hopes up!
    Ooooh sounds promising on a BFP front. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you!

And thanks ladies. I'm lucky I have a flexible job where I can work when my partner is not at uni ( he will be going back a year after bub is born fingers crossed) at least either I or my partner will be at home with it so I don't see the problem. I'm glad my partner stood up for me and told her "that's slightly ridiculous" to say one should stay at home. The cost of living goes up so I don't get the luxury of being at home for the rest of my life. But I did just walk off. It won't stop now, years of advice ahead of me lol. Even my own mother is keeping her advice to herself lol

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PreggySiren View Post

Sounding promising Preggy, how many DPO did you first test?

Glad to hear your hubby said something crafty

AFM CD7 and it's looking like this is going to go on until CD8 or 9, only when I wipe but it's so annoying! Other than that I have no patients for my boys today, they are so ready to go back to school! I had trouble falling asleep last night so only got ~5 hours.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh sounds promising on a BFP front. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you!

And thanks ladies. I'm lucky I have a flexible job where I can work when my partner is not at uni ( he will be going back a year after bub is born fingers crossed) at least either I or my partner will be at home with it so I don't see the problem. I'm glad my partner stood up for me and told her "that's slightly ridiculous" to say one should stay at home. The cost of living goes up so I don't get the luxury of being at home for the rest of my life. But I did just walk off. It won't stop now, years of advice ahead of me lol. Even my own mother is keeping her advice to herself lol
    People will have an opinion regardless of what you do. I get peoples opinions because I stay at home. Do what is right for you guys and DW about what other people say

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept