Closed Thread
Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    I have read things like, if your pregnancy is easy then your baby maybe a little terror and if it wasn't then your baby will be an angel/easy going. Seems that way with my sister's two.

So those of you TTC and it's taking awhile. Maybe your babies will be little angels too if that process also applies to TTC
    i think this is true - not that DS was overly difficult, but took 6 months of actively TTC with 1 chemical pregnancy and he is very easy (difficult sleeper early on, but very easy now), but DD was not planned and came unexpectedly after DTD 4 days prior to O and she is a right royal princess! Quite the challenge. I thought it was just girls, but maybe your theory is correct. Friends of ours took a long time to conceive their DD and she is quite easy where as their DS who came quite quickly after DD is the handful! INTERESTING

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ommmmg ladies don't lol here I am reading and I'm like oh no, I'll have the baby from hell haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha think coco fell straight away too lol. Hopefully you both change the standard :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking this baby by the way
    http://youtu.be/3wmDwfWbrt0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    i think this is true - not that DS was overly difficult, but took 6 months of actively TTC with 1 chemical pregnancy and he is very easy (difficult sleeper early on, but very easy now), but DD was not planned and came unexpectedly after DTD 4 days prior to O and she is a right royal princess! Quite the challenge. I thought it was just girls, but maybe your theory is correct. Friends of ours took a long time to conceive their DD and she is quite easy where as their DS who came quite quickly after DD is the handful! INTERESTING
    So in summary, we are going to be made to work for it one way or another! Lol! The quote 'nothing in life worth having comes easy' comes to mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Shebes  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Just wanted to confirm - you have to work for 10months, right?
    This explains it quite well:
    Work test for Parental Leave Pay

To meet the Paid Parental Leave work test you must have:
    • worked for at least 10 of the 13 months before the birth or adoption of your child, and
    • worked for at least 330 hours in that 10 month period (just over one day a week), with no more than an eight week gap between two consecutive working days
    If pregnancy complications or a premature birth have prevented you from meeting the work test, just let us know. There are some exceptions.
    Activities that count as work

A 'working day' is a day you have worked for at least one hour. You can count periods of paid leave towards the work test but periods of unpaid leave do not count.
    If you are claiming for a child who will be born or adopted on or after 1 March 2014, you can also count any Paid Parental Leave or Dad and Partner Pay periods you have previously taken in the 13 months before the birth or adoption.
    You do not need to be working full-time to be eligible for Parental Leave Pay. You may meet the work test even if you:
    • are a part-time, casual, or seasonal worker
    • are a contractor or self-employed
    • work in a family business
    • have multiple employers
    • have recently changed jobs
    • have worked overseas
    If you work for a family business, you can include your hours of work even if the business is not making any income, providing you are doing the work for financial gain or benefit.
    The following activities also count as work:
    • employment at an Australian Disability Enterprise
    • operating a business while receiving assistance under the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
    • farm labour or operating a business while receiving an Exceptional Circumstances Relief Payment
    • jury service, and
    • defence reservist work
    Periods of workers’ or accident compensation (or similar payments in respect of employment) can also count as work.
    Activities that do not count as work

Periods of unpaid leave or voluntary work cannot be included as work.
    If your child will be born or adopted before 1 March 2014, any time you solely received government-funded Parental Leave Pay does not count towards the work test, even if it was paid by your employer.
    Activities undertaken for Work for the Dole (including Community Development Employment Projects for new participants), Green Corps, Drought Force, the National Green Jobs Corps and other income support programs that include a work component do not count as work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you! I thought it was 10 months. Just interested for my best friend who was considering ttc #2 this year (she had #1 in April).

Thanks
    Reviews
    When can you get paid parental leave? It'd be of more use for me to have it before bub comes than after

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    After Crafty but you can get the ball rolling before..but you don't get payments till bub is born and it can take a few weeks!

Arh I am having a mini tantrum at the moment nothing TTC related!

Well we fell pregnant first go with all 3...I think they are all pretty good..but I am bias

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    After Crafty but you can get the ball rolling before..but you don't get payments till bub is born and it can take a few weeks!

Arh I am having a mini tantrum at the moment nothing TTC related!

Well we fell pregnant first go with all 3...I think they are all pretty good..but I am bias
    Aw what's wrong?