Closed Thread
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Sounds pretty life like to me! I was terrible at swaddling. 1 word - Woombie! Google it

This I am definitely purchasing!! Or something similar. I gave them to my SIL for her twins and she said they slept sooo much better once she started using them. I think hers I got were the 'love me swaddle'. Pretty exi, so will be looking for a cheaper alternative if I don't get given some for my baby shower. I told my bff that I'll be getting her one of those.

MrsT...you have waited long enough and been patient enough, so the time is now! Come onnnn BFP for your birthday present. Seems the vitex has been working well for you too!

So happy my 4 books from Amazon arrived on TTC and pregnancy. I bought them all used for like $5 each-BARGAIN!! Bought one for DH about what to expect etc. He won't be intersted in reading that until I'm utd. But good to have in the bookshelf until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm trying to find a book that will interest DH. He's not a reader at all, but I want him to get involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Ooooh I really hope you get your BFP for your birthday
    Ooh me too! Baby dust to you!!

Still no sign of AF for me yet but bbs feel less sore todayso I'm guessing anytime now. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I'm trying to find a book that will interest DH. He's not a reader at all, but I want him to get involved.
    My DH isn't a reader and wasn't interested reading anything before I was pregnant but once I was we got the DVD being dad for him to watch.

It's not really about pregnancy but more about what it's like to be a dad. A little about birth and being a support and what you can do after. We watched it together and I really enjoyed it to. Different people from all walks of life. Just be prepared. I bawled and bawled and bawled and so did DH at one part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I read your TTC update mrsT - do you thing this mornings update was accurate?

I know how your feeling. I never had any reason to expect TTC wouldn't be quick and simple. I was 25 when we started TTC and had spent nearly 10 years trying not to get pregnant!

It took 9 months of trying and it was the month that I gave up and decided we'd give it a break that month and didn't temp/opk and obviously jut happened to DTD at the right time.

Anyone that we told just kept reminding us that it's normal for a healthy young couple to take up to a year to fall pregnant and they won't investigate before then. I'd probably say the same to someone else but it doesn't really make you feel all that much better when your in it.

Now DS is 11 months. We never prevented it, and I got AF back when he was 7 months and we started actively trying. So 5 months or so and nothing. Feels like de ja vu but I've just had to go with it. I realise that there's really nothing else you can do.

I'm torn if I should start opk's/temping again. I thought I needed to work a few more months to be eligible for the gov ppl but turns out I don't so sooner would be better but I don't know that it's actually help me by doing it. I've always ovulated so just regular DTD should be enough. Arrghhh I don't know! Also not sure if I should go back on epo/vitex but I can't remember what each was for, how much, if it's safe for bf etc.

I am really really hoping AF doesn't show next week and that I don't need to worry. I think it's due Wednesday ish but I'll wait till the weekend to test I think, Saturday DH and I will both be home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It must be so frustrating if your GP wants you to wait 1 year. If they see you're concerned they should do something about it. Even if it's just basic tests. My GP saw I was a bit stressed about it after trying for 4 - 5 months and said he's happy to do some basic tests - first with Dh and then with me. If you're go isn't taking your feelings into consideration then look for another GP I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would try another GP, this time around we are heading to the FS after only 5 months because I don't want to wait again and my GP understood that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See technically they are supposed to wait for a year if your under 30. 6 months over 30 I'm pretty sure it is. Doesn't make you feel much better while your in it tho. I have a different gp now so not sure if they'd do anything different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find that if you explain to your gp that you are charting and definitely getting the fertile period every cycle then they will test earlier. 1 year is to allow people to trial and error get the right timing. If you're hitting O every cycle and still not having luck, they will get the ball rolling faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post

I thought I needed to work a few more months to be eligible for the gov ppl but turns out I don't so sooner would be better but I don't know that it's actually help me by doing it.
    Just wanted to confirm - you have to work for 10months, right?