Closed Thread
Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was just counting the dates and if my O theory is correct, it would have been CD10. Which sounds about right as I remember when the nurse was taking bloods one day last cycle, she said that I seemed to ovulate at around day 8.

Am I reaching too hard? Clutching at straws? /

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to those ladies who have tentative bfp's!! And hopefully those who are in limbo-land get some answers soon.

After up reading a little bit more, I have gone out and bought myself some vitex. Here's hoping to helping my cycle regulate post-bc.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Question ladies.i also had soft cheese over new year. That can't do anything can it ( like deformities) but it can cause miscarriage etc from listeria so if I were to be effected I would already know wouldn't i. Sorry for all the questions.
    Oh your such a typical pregnant women worry wart - welcome to parenthood. It starts now and continues for the rest of our lives.

In Australia there is a 2% chance of catching listeria - that doesn't mean you can go and eat soft cheese until your hearts content but it does mean that if you slip up occasionally it's not going to matter.
    Always eat fresh fruit and veg and stay away from deli meats and soft cheeses.

Listeria presents with flu like symptoms 30 days after you've been exposed to the bacteria. That's not cold symptoms, it's like achy joints, fever, headache etc.
    SO if at all during preg you develop those symptoms (and I repeat not just a normal cold - runny nose, runny eyes, sore throat etc) and you've been a bit lax with your diet then just go to the dr who can do a test to see if you are infected - antibiotics will clear it up.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Oh you girls are wonderful. All of my fears today you ladies have laid to rest. Went and got some vitamins and fresh fruit and some nuts. My partner was worried that we didn't take prenatal vitamins and I drank and ate cheese but he's very cautious which I can understand but meh!
    TBH I didn't follow a lot of the "rules". I'm not saying "oh go out and eat what you like" but I had the occasional bit of cheese or ham etc. I was pregnant over Xmas and there was no way I was missing out on ham or prawns lol. I also had my cup of real coffee everyday. just be smart, don't go eating rolls from delis or fuel stations that have been sitting out, soft serve ice cream, cook your meat etc

DH, Me and our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    Oops, posted this in the wrong thread....

I am still waiting to O since stopping BC in November and want to get my cycles regular before we start TTC in June (so no really urgency at this stage), but I have been doing the odd OPK around when I should O to see how I am going. I got a line this morning (light, but definitely visible) and then tonight it was even lighter??? Do they get darker in the afternoon when the urine is more dilute? Will try again in the morning to see if it is darker.

DH made me soooo angry last night. Making the decision to TTC #3 was a huge decision and I thought we were now both excited about having a 3rd, then last night I had my BF over (who I have just told we are going to TTC), and he was making all of these comments that he doesn't want a 3rd. My BF doesn't have kids and at this stage (32yrs) isn't interested. I was sooo mad at him! I wish he could have confided I me. I'm not angry he has second thoughts, but just days before he was making comments about 'baby'. Now it will seem to my friends that I am pressuring him. He has apologised profusely, and reassures me that he still wants to. At least we have 6 months to discuss it and be positive it is what we both want to do. The last thing I want to do is have another bub and when it gets all hard he throws it back in my face Men!
    They can be all over the place (OPKs not men lol - but yes them too)
    I would suggest buying bulk OPKs off eBay if you haven't already (you can get 50 for $10) and just testing daily.

I regards to hubby, I don't really have any advice my DH wants 5 and I want to stop at 3. I'm sure he will be ok, he might of been having an off day. But I agree he shouldn't have just blurted out like that.
    Just talk to him and make sure he's %100 on board

DH, Me and our two boys.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Shebes  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    Oops, posted this in the wrong thread....

I am still waiting to O since stopping BC in November and want to get my cycles regular before we start TTC in June (so no really urgency at this stage), but I have been doing the odd OPK around when I should O to see how I am going. I got a line this morning (light, but definitely visible) and then tonight it was even lighter??? Do they get darker in the afternoon when the urine is more dilute? Will try again in the morning to see if it is darker.

DH made me soooo angry last night. Making the decision to TTC #3 was a huge decision and I thought we were now both excited about having a 3rd, then last night I had my BF over (who I have just told we are going to TTC), and he was making all of these comments that he doesn't want a 3rd. My BF doesn't have kids and at this stage (32yrs) isn't interested. I was sooo mad at him! I wish he could have confided I me. I'm not angry he has second thoughts, but just days before he was making comments about 'baby'. Now it will seem to my friends that I am pressuring him. He has apologised profusely, and reassures me that he still wants to. At least we have 6 months to discuss it and be positive it is what we both want to do. The last thing I want to do is have another bub and when it gets all hard he throws it back in my face Men!
    Funnily enough I give off the vibe of "children? Bah" and when people find out I am UTD they will think the apocalypse is upon us because I never openly expressed my desires to people and I guess I put on a bit of a front as a childless by choice person. It sounds like that's what he was doing to be honest, just putting on a front. My BIL and his wife came over to announce they were TTC and my partner and I when asked when we were were like "not for years etc"

I would ask him why he was being a dopeball lol

But at least he is saying sorry now.if he truly didn't want to have another he would have used this time as an out. Good luck and hopefully I'm right and he gets baby mad lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craftymamabris For This Useful Post:

Shebes  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Oh your such a typical pregnant women worry wart - welcome to parenthood. It starts now and continues for the rest of our lives.

In Australia there is a 2% chance of catching listeria - that doesn't mean you can go and eat soft cheese until your hearts content but it does mean that if you slip up occasionally it's not going to matter.
    Always eat fresh fruit and veg and stay away from deli meats and soft cheeses.

Listeria presents with flu like symptoms 30 days after you've been exposed to the bacteria. That's not cold symptoms, it's like achy joints, fever, headache etc.
    SO if at all during preg you develop those symptoms (and I repeat not just a normal cold - runny nose, runny eyes, sore throat etc) and you've been a bit lax with your diet then just go to the dr who can do a test to see if you are infected - antibiotics will clear it up.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    I have had a headache but that's quite normal apparently and I think my SIL had them pretty bad. I hate deli meats anyway and enjoy my meat cooked beyond well done so I should be okay.

And omg yes it is all worrying!
    Is this how my mother feels.... All the time? Poor woman ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all! Am I too late to join in? We are starting to ttc for #2 this month. Expecting AF tomorrow (maybe - I haven't really been tracking lol) and then will hopefully be all systems go for this next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Lexim, have bought bulk OPKs so I can keep track for the next few months.

The problem with DH is he says he wants to make me happy and he knows another baby will make me happy.... Sweet enough, but I want him to want one too. I guess too he has been home for 2 weeks now and is experiencing how difficult they can be. But hey I am the one that has to look after them full time and I love it! Sure would be easy and comfortable in all regards with just 2, but I just feel we are missing something :-). Anyway, i'm glad we haven't rushed into anything and we have plenty of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to those with their BFP's
    Well I guess we are officially in our tww.....barely managed to BD last night lol so I think that's it for us this fertile period
    Hope DH's swimmers are strong and healthy especially with the maybe baby gel to help them along ;-)
    Now I just need to keep myself occupied for the next two weeks or the suspense will kill me!