Closed Thread
Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations Crafty!!!! Woot Woot!

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Do I need a blood test to find out how far along I am? Or can they tell me at the doctors appointment. My boss has made me an appointment and i will go see a doc this afternoon
    You won't be able to tell how far along you are from a blood test. The doctor may be able to work out a rough time but if you haven't had a period you will need to wait until your dating scan- I'd wait at least 3 weeks to have a dating scan considering your test line is fairly faint- I'd say you are only just pregnant, around 3 to 4 weeks (so 1 to 2 weeks since conception).

Eta: the beta hcg may give you a rough idea but because the levels vary so much it will still be an estimate until your scan if you know what I mean.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    You won't be able to tell how far along you are from a blood test. The doctor may be able to work out a rough time but if you haven't had a period you will need to wait until your dating scan- I'd wait at least 3 weeks to have a dating scan considering your test line is fairly faint- I'd say you are only just pregnant, around 3 to 4 weeks (so 1 to 2 weeks since conception).

Eta: the beta hcg may give you a rough idea but because the levels vary so much it will still be an estimate until your scan if you know what I mean.
    Oh that'd be wonderful if it was that early as that matches my date and it's not too late to get on some prenatal vitamins. I'm scared about telling my partner. He was fine with march or later but January is so soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Crafty - ummm WOW. I think this explains why you weren't getting your period lol.... CONGRATS!!!!!!! I'll wait until you've had your blood test before I update you to the graduates if you like :-)

Lex - hopefully we have a line brewing? We all knew you were a fertile little miss, so I don't think anyone would be very surprised lol. Your DH must have some super sperm on him!!! Please keep us posted on that line! Stretchy cm is normal for prg, so don't stress about that. If you get a +opk that could be prg hormones registering.

As pp have already said, every day DTD is usually okay as long as he is young and fertile. Any fertility issues though, and if over 40, they suggest the 2-3 days wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that'd be wonderful if it was that early as that matches my date and it's not too late to get on some prenatal vitamins. I'm scared about telling my partner. He was fine with march or later but January is so soon
    Well it's not exactly your fault lol- it takes two to make a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know. I just feel so bad because I planned to take prenatal vitamins 3 months prior. And I went through New Years. I feel stupid hopefully I can make up for not being prepared

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats @Craftymamabris definitely a bfp there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know. I just feel so bad because I planned to take prenatal vitamins 3 months prior. And I went through New Years. I feel stupid hopefully I can make up for not being prepared
    At the moment I'm so sick I don't even remember to take my vitamins every day. And my pregnancy was a surprise so I didn't start taking them until after I found out either. Babies are pretty resilient, I'm sure you'll be totally fine. Your placenta wouldn't have even formed yet so don't worry about drinking on New Years. Don't stress! You are definitely not stupid. Think of all the unplanned pregnancies that occur and majority of the time produce perfectly healthy babies

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress about that honey. Just get on them now. Both my babies I started taking pre Natals when I found out I was pregnant rather than before. I've got two healthy boys
    I'd say your about 3-4 weeks aswell.
    Get hcg levels checked and get a referral for a dating scan. Earliest is about 5-6weeks to see anything. Sometimes they do an internal ultrasound so they can see easier. DW it's not bad - they literally just put the probe just inside the vagina.
    And if your going private get a referral for your nominated OB/hospital as they fill up very quickly

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1388980187.334007.jpg

Gah!!! Wtf?!?!? Today's OPK. I got a pos OPK 9 days ago?

Maybe I should stop testing everything and wait to see if and when AF shows up. Give me something to go by.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.