+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    I think I love you! The number of gifts kids receive at parties makes me cringe. Our plan is to limit gifts to immediate family and ask guests to donate directly to '----' charity if they would like.
    Haha!

I cringe too. At Christmas when everything was unwrapped I could only think about the clutter and where I would keep everything.

When's she old enough, at every Christmas and birthday I want her to donate. For example if she gets three new toys she can choose three old ones that she doesn't play with and give to charity. Out with the old and in the new

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, great idea.
    We are also doing this for our DDs 1st birthday coming up in February. She is our 4th child and I wish I has thought of of sooner.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

May baby  (31-12-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great idea OP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

May baby  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really excited about doing this now. I hope everyone wants to participate to make as much as we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that's a beautiful idea. I'd like to do something similar for DD2 first birthday but donate it to the NICU he was in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyBic For This Useful Post:

May baby  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good idea! I've been thinking of using Oxfam in future...
    https://unwrapped.oxfam.org.au/choose-a-gift

Just make sure it is easy for people to actually do the donating... (eg: I can't see how my MIL would be able to give me an oxfam gift!) ... say on the invite that there will be a tin at the party, or a basket for envelopes... and some people like you to know *how much* they are donating (and some prefer to be anonymous) so perhaps include envelopes with the party invitation where they can write their name and the amount they are donating. Also, a physical envelope, instead of an online link, would also help some people who want to feel like they have physically 'given' you something.

Really great idea!! I would love to hear how it all goes.

Edit.... if you are confident everybody attending the party can get online, then Karma currency would be the way to go:
    http://www.karmacurrency.com.au/char...tal-Foundation
    They can email their gift direct to the hospital, or direct to you, or print it out and give it at the party.
    Last edited by debsch; 31-12-2013 at 09:23.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

May baby  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. The royal children's have a website with a link so you can set up your own web page for people to donate, they will then get a receipt also

Great idea on the tin I'll definitely have something at the party for people to donate on the day.