+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1093
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, just a quick one.. I'm exhausted!
    My doctor called at 7 tonight! I had to wait ALL yesterday and today! They came back BFN, but it was only 9/10DPO. Could have still been too early. I'm now out of IC's so I'm going to wait until (IF) AF is late and then buy a proper one.
    A bit disheartening to get the phone call, but trying to stay positive. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @M2OR - sorry if I missed it earlier, but why did you get a blood test so early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to him for something unrelated to PG and mentioned that I might be, but still a few days off getting AF and all HPT's were neg.
    So he sent me for bloods, just to see if it'd pick it up. But nothing yet. If it's right and I'm definitely not, these are pretty blo.ody intense PMS symptoms I'm getting! 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MamaL - with my three known chems AF arrived only a day or two late with my last one, the first one was around the same and the middle completely messed up my cycle and the next with spotting and a 65 day cycle until I got my regular period rather than spotting (cycles were around 40-42 days back then). So I think generally it's a couple of days but I guess it could depend on how much it had implanted and how far along it had stayed until naturally terminating? I really hope it's not a chem though (or very early mc because that's what my FS refers to them as and I really don't like the term chem - makes it seem so clinical when it's so emotional still).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @JessiW. Tested again this morning and it was BFN (or if I tried really hard, I'll could see the fairest little line) temp still above cover line and no AF. Called the doc's for an appointment this morning and the receptionist told me I have to fast before getting the bloods done for pregnancy testing. Is that normally the case?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaL For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey MamaL. You don't have to fast at all! I had everything checked for the TTC go ahead at the end of last year- no fasting. Then I had HCG done Tuesday, again no fasting. That receptionist has no idea what she's talking about.
    I'd call back and just ask for an appointment, do you have to say what it's for? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You shouldn't need to fast. It's not a hormone/level that's affected by digestion/nutrition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me jumping in on here to ask a few questions. I'm rather new to the forum and I don't think I can post topics yet (or haven't figured out how). My partner and I have been ttc for about 7 months now. I have 3 children from a previous marriage, he has none. I know they say to wait 1 year before seeking fertility advice, but I am just wondering the cost involved and where to even start? I have regular cycles, doing opk's and bbt. Everything looks normal in that regard. I just wanted some advice on where to start when you decide to get help, and the cost? Thanks in advance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went to a drop in medical centre around the corner from work and got my tests done, no fasting required. The doctor put an urgent stamp on, so I will have the results by 4pm this afternoon. Here is to hoping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Surething. I started by seeing my GP for blood tests to check hormone levels. Ideally this should be 7 days before AF is due to arrive. You could also ask for AMH (egg-timer test), but it's probably unnecessary at this point. You should take hubby with you and get a sperm analysis ordered for him. This should cost the same as a normal appointment if your GP bulk bills, although you may still be charged for the SA (around $100 billed afterwards). If you get the AMH test this is about $70. You could ask for a referral to a FS if you like, but they're likely to tell you to wait another 6 months. We saw a FS after 12 months. It was about $400 for the first appointment. He ordered more blood tests (including AMH + sperm antibody test & various other things) & sent me for an internal ultrasound to check my tubes & follicles & HyCoSy (a test where they flush liquid through your tubes to check for blockages). This cost about $400 too. He told us to keep trying until the end of March (18 months) & then come back for treatment (most likely IVF) as all of our tests came back "normal".

Good luck!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."