+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am on day 3 and have done well- no blow outs yet! I am feeling really focused and in the zone.
    Breakfast today (and yesterday) was 2 scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes and some lite Spam. Yes, shoot me, I eat Spam in a can! I am trying to eat a filling breakfast without any bread but am still having small portions.
    Lunch - today we went swimming and I treated the kids to fish and chips in the park afterwards and I just had 3 steamed dim sims. Not the best lunch, but it wasn't fried at least. And just a few chippies
    Dinner tonight was corned beef, baby carrots, corn and green beans. I would normally have some mashed potato with it but I resisted tonight.
    Snacks have been fruit, rice crackers with Tzatziki dip and deli meats like sliced chicken and salami. Trying to eat a diet high in protein and low in carbs.
    After 3 days I have already lost around half a kilo
    Exercise- besides the usual walks with DD to the park or shops, no exercise. I hate it. I have lost around 15 kgs in the last 12 months and during that time I exercised lots, made myself take hour long brisk walks every single day to the point where I began to dread it. I enjoyed it at first but am just sick to death of it right now.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 05-01-2014 at 17:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielouise View Post
    So my boyfriend broke up with me today.. After almost 4 years because he decided he just didn't love me as much any more??

I can't eat so this weightless thing might be easier that expected right?

I start tomorrow morning. Planning on attempting the c25k, also cutting out all soft drink and snacks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    How is everyone going??
    I've been going really good with exercise, doing something every day even if it's just 15 minutes on the exercise bike but where I'm really struggling is with food! It's so hard to eat well when I'm stuck at home with bubs and bored!!
    I'm going ok with the healthy eating, so far lost about a kg in the last week. i haven't started with any exercise yet though as i have a back injury and finding it hard to find the right exercises as a lot of things make it worse, and i need to find exercises to strengthen my stomach that won't make my back feel worse whilst i'm building up my abs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On track here! I have decided to focus on one bad habit at a time so I don't become to overwhelmed and pack it all in! Last week my focus had been sugars. So far so good. Although I did manage to squeeze in a binge as I had to make sure there was no sugary foods in the house right? And I could not have possibly thrown out the food - what a waste! *giggles*
    But in all seriousness, day 8 and still going strong.
    This week my focus is now swapping the empty carbs with more complex carbs to help sustain energy and feel full for longer. Breakfast was Oats with water and a teaspoon of manuka honey, followed by a camomile tea - to help get me back to sleep since it was 5am!
    Sending out healthy vibes to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I know I'm late to join but better late than never right! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit but I'm 97kg I've always been bigger and just recently lost 5kg watching what I eat and drinking water and no soft drink. Now I just need to add exercise my first goals 90kg maybe by April?

Other than my fitness pal and c25k are there any other apps to assist? I think having you ladies to support will help as I'm a bit embarrassed to talk aloud where as here I'll have the confidence! Stupid I know! Lol

Good luck ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome job so far ladies!! I had a really good food-wise yesterday! I hardly snacked at all and when I did it was reasonably healthy! I was so proud of myself because I even had porridge for breakfast and I hate porridge but it actually wasn't that bad!!
    I have my 6 yp DD back from her Dad's house now so exercise during the day will be harder so will have to focus on the exercise bike at night!!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    Awesome job so far ladies!! I had a really good food-wise yesterday! I hardly snacked at all and when I did it was reasonably healthy! I was so proud of myself because I even had porridge for breakfast and I hate porridge but it actually wasn't that bad!!
    I have my 6 yp DD back from her Dad's house now so exercise during the day will be harder so will have to focus on the exercise bike at night!!
    I used to hate porridge as well. But I weirdly craved it recently and bought a pouch of Quakers Oats and just add my own honey and banana with skim milk... omg I can't get enough of it now!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just an update in the last 6 days I've walked 4 days have been enjoying it been going either really early or really late in the day when it's not too hot. Been watching what I eat and not eating so much junk and just making better choices. I've also been using the calorie king website which is helpful for watching your daily calories (they also take into account if ur breast feeding as well) and you can add your exercise in there as well. going to join a weekly yoga class starting this week too never done yoga before so hoping I will enjoy it. Really wanting to start jogging but I don't think my pelvic floor muscles are quite ready for it yet maybe in another 6 weeks time as its only been 6 weeks since dd2's birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH (Bless his little cotton socks) just made me a Chicken Schnitzel salad for lunch, not the healthiest protein choice for my salad, but that didn't stop me from scoffing it down in no time! And kudo's to him for supporting me in this. Plan on taking DD for a brisk walk in her pram when she wakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so was feeling experimental today and made myself a chickpea and quinoa salad for lunch today (and enough to keep eating it all week) it's yummy