+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M2O84 View Post
    Weighed myself today and have lost 2kg in a week and a half so happy about that, went to the gym today for the 1st time today it's definitely harder than what it looks. Has anyone got any good exercise routines/circuits that you can use with the gym equipment when there are no trainers around? Today I did 10mins walking on the treadmill, 10mins on the cross trainer and 10 mins on the exercise bike and was breaking out in a huge sweat (very unfit). Next time im going to try out the rowing machine as well. The part that seems to be the most stubborn to use loose weight from is my belly, anyone got any good exercises to help flatten tummies that does not involve doing situps (have had separated tummy muscles with ds1 and the physio did not recommend situps)?
    Cardio will remove the weight and planks will build the muscle underneath.
    Running, swimming, HIIT exercises will all reduce fat off your tummy.
    I've got pretty good abs (lots of kickboxing/gymnastics when I was younger) my physio couldn't even get a pinky between my muscles after birth BUT you can't see them because I still have fat on top of them.

Get your heart rate racing, sweat and eat well.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

M2O84  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, make sure you're doing cardio AND strength/weight exercises. more muscle will help burn the fat. you might 'weigh more' because muscles weigh more than fat, so take measurements and photos aswell!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

M2O84  (10-01-2014)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just checking in! I am losing weight...just a little slower than I'd like, but at least it's happening. I am eating much better, have no desire to eat fatty fried foods which is great. My Pinterest addiction has turned to the health and fitness section which I never thought would happen. I squeezed in so e time on the exercise bike on fri arvo while DD slept and DS played and despite being drenched in sweat and feeling like my thighs would fall off... I felt awesome. We did a massive walk yesterday (about 3kms)

My body is already feeling different and I am so excited about feeling better and fitter.

Is anyone drinking green smoothies? Keen to give them a go, but will be avoiding putting bananas in (I hate them) am also looking into some ballet style workouts.

How's everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 1 kilo down this week and it's been easy.

my main problem is I don't eat enough during the day and then blowout by the evening. What I have realised is 6 small meals a. day is key. I had gestational diabetes with DS and went on a strict diet (diet controlled, no insulin). Low carb, high protein, 6 small meals a day. I actually lost 10kg in 8 weeks while I was pregnant, as I was already overweight pre pregnancy it was a good thing. So I think I need to do this again.

this weeks I have eaten like this just about everyday:

Morning: Protein shake before leaving for work
    Mid Morning: 2 table spoons natural Greek yoghurt and 2 table spoons of my home made museli (made with no dry fruit, sweetened with honey and lightly tossed in coconut oil before toasting)
    Lunch: half cup basmati rice (low gi rice), small can of tuna in oil (drained), salad mix balsamic vinager
    Afternoon snack: carrot and celery sticks with a mini tub of Philly cheese
    Dinner: Small serve of protein (steak, chicken, home made hamburger patty), steamed veg, very small baked potatoe or boiled/steamed
    After dinner: yoghurt or a few slices of tasy cheese, slice raisin toast

I feel full and more importantly satisfied all day eating like this, portion sizes are small and I don't feel disgusting and sluggish after each meal. This eating plan was set by the dietician I saw who helped manage my diabetes. I find I don't crave sugar eating this way and I have gone I step further and set 'eating appointments' in my calander in my iPhone so it prompts me to remember to eat basically every 3 hours. I am also eating as many whole foods as possible and avoiding processed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm 3.7kgs down this week. I'm loving watching the numbers on the scale go down. Really helps to keep me motivated.
    Will go for a walk later today once it's cooled down as it's quite hot atm.
    Hoping I see similar results next week as I will then reach my first mini goal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No weight loss here just yet. I'll put down my stats and update just in case I'm losing cm.

78kg
    Thigh - 62cm
    Hips -98cm
    Waist- 77cm
    Bust -97cm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ive just skim read all the pages. Can I join in!! I want to lose at least 10kg in 12 weeks with another 10 after that. Is anyone taking/know of a natural appetite suppressant or thermogenic that works? I'm eating well and love the gym but just as an extra help.

Sent from my M470BSS using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Does anyone know how long it typically takes to raise your basic level of fitness? Like if you go from absolutely no exercise to 3-4kms of walking way day, how long until that gets easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Does anyone know how long it typically takes to raise your basic level of fitness? Like if you go from absolutely no exercise to 3-4kms of walking way day, how long until that gets easier?

I think it would differ person to person and what kind of route it is - but I started to do 3km walks 2-3 times a week (from nothing) and it took 2 weeks before I felt good enough to walk faster and shave off time from the same route. so not long

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    600g down. Am happy with it. Only started properly exercising again this week.