+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry you're all going through this, but I am SO glad I'm not alone! This pregnancy has been so crap compared to DD! I have spd pain, back pain, and what I *think* Is round ligament, or spd, the side of my lady bits, along the pelvis I assume is now starting to get sore. No glowing happening here! The last 3 days I've just been propped up by pillows and my heat pack! Don't have another midwife appointment for a MONTH! (second babies they don't seem to care as much!) so I wouldn't even know who to call to ask if it's normal or not :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup couldn't agree more! No glow here, just whaleish, uncomfy, sick, tired, sore, puffy, out of breath, just plain old yuck! Really glad I'm not the only one, there are 5 ppl at work pregnant and they are all fit, happy, glowing, and their bump looks so nice and round. People at work make excuses for me as I'm pregnant which ticks me off. Then I come home and sometimes I read those baby magazines and feel so depressed as everyone in their looks great!
    Ah well, I'm looking forward to the baby more than anything in this world! I'd love to have one more but seriously don't think my body could do this again!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First pregnancy was a dream, 2nd one my bits ache, I have vulval varicoses, im constantly moody, its hot. I reckon I had the 2nd trimester glow for a couple of weeks but its soooo gone now, along with my sense of humour. Thanks for that whinge, feeling a lil better now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglepuss For This Useful Post:

LadyInWeighting  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad there are ladies willing to take off the rose coloured glasses and be honest about how pregnancy makes them feel, helps us first timers not feel so alone, wondering if we're normal for feeling so awful...!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm the same. The nausea is gone but I'm exhausted all day, every day. I have really bad pelvic pain, gas that comes from who knows where and I retain fluid like I'm stocking up for a hike through the desert. It doesn't matter what I eat either.

I keep waiting for that day when "I'll wake up and have so much energy and feel the best throughout the pregnancy".

I felt like a whinger and that I was overreacting but now that I can see that I'm not alone and feel much better. Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bellaxo
    Your pain sounds very similar to mine. It's hard to describe that some of it is down the sides of my lady parts in my groin not my legs. Doesnt hurt to touch it but constantly hurts.

The answer from my ob and a physio is that technically its "normal" to a degree but obviously not everyone gets it.
    I've been suffering a ridiculous amount of pain since 11/12 weeks and kept thinking it can't be normal I hurt this much!!!! Many a teary depressed day has been had.

I have just learnt in the last few days that a probable reason I am suffering the spd/sacroiliac and hip pain so bad and so early is that I naturally have more flexible joints (hypermobility) - so pregnancy had softened them up even more and they are unable to provide any support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread! While it's not good that everyone's still feeling crappy, it's great to see that there are others out there.

I've gotten used to the fact that I'll feel horrible for a while to come (it's an easier mindset to be in than waiting for the 'relief' that 2nd trimester brings). The thing that really gets to me and I don't know how to deal with is people asking how I'm feeling. I'm so sick of saying that I'm struggling. I know people mean well, but just let me suffer in silence. I've had friends ask for specifics about why it's so bad. Honestly? Do you really want to hear about piles or vomiting out the nose? Surely we can talk about better things!

They all look at me like I'm strange to still be unwell at 23 weeks. The number of people that have told me 'it should have past by now' or 'I started feeling great at x weeks'...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 22weeks and I am just getting over the sickness but I am still very tired I don't know if that is cos I am English and not used to the heat?i have no energy to do anything. But my little girl has just started to move which is weird but amazing feeling.

katie