+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    People can be so insensitive. We had the same when we were pregnant with ds2 and announced we were having another boy. I actually wanted 2 boys and didn't see a pigeon pair as ideal as so many seem to. Now we are hoping for a third baby and it's worse because people assume that we want a girl because we have 2 boys already. I would be quite content with another boy, dh would like a girl but it doesn't really matter, we won't be disappointed with either sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We get it all the time. We are expecting our 4th girl now and people still say/ask if we are going back for another to see if we can get a boy. At first it bothered me but now it's like water off a ducks back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadnt experienced this till today when we found out we were expecting our second daughter.

"You will just have to try for a boy next time" - no congratulations.

"Another girl!?" Followed by a laugh.

I was quite upset by it. I dont get it. A beautiful healthy baby girl. And people respond like its a bad thing. Any more comments like it and ill snap I swear. I find it so rude.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I hadnt experienced this till today when we found out we were expecting our second daughter.

I was quite upset by it. I dont get it. A beautiful healthy baby girl. And people respond like its a bad thing. Any more comments like it and ill snap I swear. I find it so rude.

Hugs SoThisIsLove what awful things to say. Ignore the idiots and enjoy your precious baby girl

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People really are so insensitive and need to think before they speak. I havn't had this happen to me... YET... but I have a baby girl and if our next is a girl also I would be over the moon and the same if it were a boy.
    I don't know why people think you have to have one of each sex to be happy.

These babies are their own person and are going to have their own little personalities whether they are a boy or girl.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Hugs SoThisIsLove what awful things to say. Ignore the idiots and enjoy your precious baby girl
    Thank you, I am. But it stole some of my enjoyment if announcing yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post

Isn't it awful, congrats on your beautiful DD, I would love to have two daughters!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actually had it the other way around. I was so nervous before our scan as I wanted one of each (not planning any more kids, ever.) and all I got was people telling me 'oh as long as it's healthy!' yes, that is the overall most important thing, but don't discount the mothers feelings in it too! I would have loved another girl, for sure, but it would have taken a couple of weeks to get into it. I only wanted one of each, because I knew if I hadn't had it that way, I wouldn't have felt 'finished' with kids inside myself, if that makes sense? In no way was it to have a pigeon pair, I had to even google why it's called that when we announced and people kept saying it!

I think people just seem to have foot in mouth when it comes to everything in pregnancy! :P

I do know however, my dad only has girls, and he had to put up with a lifetime of his elders giving him crap about not trying for a boy, not having a boy, not being man enough to give my mother a son, etc etc. People can be very rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, yes, yes, my aunty told me when I was pregnant with DS2 that we don't need anymore boys in our family and I hope this one is a girl. Felt like a slap in the face when I was quietly trying to cope with the news myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    We only have 1 baby but my mother wanted her to be a boy so bad that when DP sent her a photo of our 12 week ultrasound she said 'oh a bit ugly if it's a girl'. Shame she's a girl... And unbelievably adorable.