+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Perhaps one of the only silver linings of ivf. People that know we have been through it are so damn happy that we finally have two beautiful girls they couldn't care less about their gender.
    Only people who are not stupid. Both of my girls are IVF and MIL still said through my entire second pregnancy "oh you couldn't be lucky enough to get a boy could you", and then the comments in my post above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh I hear you! I was at the shops a couple of months ago, for once my older 2 were well behaved and DS2 was meltdown free and DS3 was in his pram smiling non stop -the lady behind me in the checkout line said "oh, 3 boys! So close in age! You poor thing"

Worst part is 5yr old DS1 heard and was upset and asked me what is wrong with boys.
    Isn't that disgraceful! The mentality of 'you poor thing' sh!ts me, our children are blessings regardless of their sex.

You know what else....I'd love a daughter one day, but if that never happened I wouldn't be devastated. However, with people often pointing out that I don't have one, it makes my heart ache a little. Also, already having three sons, and a DF who is not so keen for another child will make it a bit difficult to see whether theres a daughter waiting in the wings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

3cheekyboys  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Only people who are not stupid. Both of my girls are IVF and MIL still said through my entire second pregnancy "oh you couldn't be lucky enough to get a boy could you", and then the comments in my post above.
    My MIL was similar and said in an ideal world we would have a boy. She obviously has no clue what it was like in our world dealing with the possibility of never having children.
    She bought a few 'neutral' things for DD2 before she was born and they are mostly blue.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, but not with this pregnancy. We found out a few weeks ago that we're expecting another boy which we're over the moon about (we would be fine with another girl too). We have 2 girls and a boy already so it even things out..but with past pregnancies I did have a few people say "oh well, better luck next time" sort of thing. As long as baby is ok and all that, then gender shouldn't really matter and people should keep their silly, unwanted comments to themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 3 daughters and I've had this a lot as well. My 3rd daughter, no one came to the hospital except my husband because it was just another girl
    Heartbreaking! I'm grateful to be even able to have children, so whatever I'm meant to get, is what I'm happy with. Wouldn't change my princesses for anything!
    If I get asked one more time"when are you going to try for a boy" I'll probably punch the person in the face! Hahahahaha! Enough already! Be happy with what you have

DH & I Married since 2005
    DD1 March 2008
    DD2 April 2009
    DD3 October 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I still get it now, we are well and truly finished having children, but almost every day I get these "poor you" type comments, "of course you'll try for a girl". Um, no - I have been blessed with 4 beautiful children - gender means nothing, absolutely nothing at all to me - I consider myself very lucky.

People are just so strange sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by mumma100 View Post
    I'm 5 months pregnant with my second son. We decided to find out the gender this time round and thrilled that its a healthy boy. We decided to tell the rest of the family over christmas that its another boy and i was totally shocked by some of their reactions! one aunty said ''Oh that's shame, a girl would have been so lovely, never mind, third time lucky?'' another uncle said ''i guess you'll be trying for a third then soon?'' I couldn't believe the reactions we were getting and wished we'd not even told them! Why not be pleased that we were able to have another baby rather than focusing solely on the sex of it??

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with beautiful boy #4.
    when I told MIL she said "oh well your not happy, I'm not happy but I bet ds3 is"
    I was pi$$ed!! Of course I'm happy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyboysMylife View Post
    I am pregnant with beautiful boy #4.
    when I told MIL she said "oh well your not happy, I'm not happy but I bet ds3 is"
    I was pi$$ed!! Of course I'm happy!!
    Grrr how horrible! What goes through people's minds??

I'm just dreading this starting when we announce that #3 is on the way. Might have to get some good comebacks sorted to arm myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    their loss I reckon. Big hugs for you and your DH x
    Thats what I tell myself He's such a beautiful and bright baby I have no idea how they can be so disappointed. At least my family adore them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my DS 3 I had people ask me when they saw him, 'So are you going to try again for a girl?' No congratulations or anything. Very rude.

Mother to three gorgeous little men