+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I made our announcement about the pregnancy and that he was a boy at the same time to everyone except family.

The way I did it no one could say anything negative because I had DS1 holding a sign with a huge grin saying he was going to have a little brother. It was adorable.

I still get asked if we are going to have any more but it's more out of curiosity than because they think we should try for a girl. As much as I'd love one I am happy for now with my boys.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have a DS and hubby and I aren't finding out the sex of the new baby until it's born.

When I told my mum I was pregnant she said "oh, I hope you have a girl." I thought wtf? I don't give a $hit as long as the baby is healthy.
    - My actual verbal response to mum : "what? I hope I have a boy because boys rock!".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 3 boys. Over the years some of the comments have been quite hurtful. The most recent one was from a service cashier "Gee, you really drew the short straw, didn't you?". Me, "Actually, no! My boys are so much fun". I wish I'd told her where to jam her opinion, but I walked away instead.
    We didn't find out the sex of any of our babes. During my pregnancy with DS3, FIL would constantly refer to him as his grand-daughter. The thing for me was, there was no way I was going to let any one else's comments about their disappointment get to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, people are ***.holes!!
    I don't get it at all, has anyone ever had two boys or two girls that are the same anyway?! It's not like if you have two boys you get the same kid twice, they're still likely to be completely opposite, so why is there an attitude like it's repeating history??
    Completely bizarre

Thanks
    Reviews
    we didn't find out the sex of either child prior to birth, but both MIL and her sister said comments along the lines of "oh what a shame you didn't get a boy". When my SIL had a girl then a boy my MIL called her clever for having a "pigeon pair". I wanted to slap her.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 30-12-2013 at 07:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    People are stupid. On the flip side I have a boy and a girl, I get told I shouldn't have any more children because I've got one of each.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=LlamaMa;7603711]We have 3 boys. Over the years some of the comments have been quite hurtful. The most recent one was from a service cashier "Gee, you really drew the short straw, didn't you?". Me, "Actually, no! My boys are so much fun". I wish I'd told her where to jam her opinion, but I walked away instead.
    We didn't find out the sex of any of our babes. During my pregnancy with DS3, FIL would constantly refer to him as his grand-daughter. The thing for me was, there was no way I was going to let any one else's comments about their disappointment get to me.[/QUOTE

Awwww that's terrible.

I have 2g 2b & bub is a boy. Maybe it's just my girls but seriously give me a house of boys any day, which is a bit weird coz I'm very much a girly girl.

I think it's the sooking, the drama, the cattiness that I don't cope well with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    People are stupid. On the flip side I have a boy and a girl, I get told I shouldn't have any more children because I've got one of each.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I had a girl, then a boy. When I had my son the lady next to me had girl, boy & new baby girl. And I remember thinking omg why would you have another one you have 1 of each.

Funny to me now as I'm on to baby number 4 lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    We have 3 boys. Over the years some of the comments have been quite hurtful. The most recent one was from a service cashier "Gee, you really drew the short straw, didn't you?". Me, "Actually, no! My boys are so much fun". I wish I'd told her where to jam her opinion, but I walked away instead.
    We didn't find out the sex of any of our babes. During my pregnancy with DS3, FIL would constantly refer to him as his grand-daughter. The thing for me was, there was no way I was going to let any one else's comments about their disappointment get to me.
    Oh I hear you! I was at the shops a couple of months ago, for once my older 2 were well behaved and DS2 was meltdown free and DS3 was in his pram smiling non stop -the lady behind me in the checkout line said "oh, 3 boys! So close in age! You poor thing"

Worst part is 5yr old DS1 heard and was upset and asked me what is wrong with boys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps one of the only silver linings of ivf. People that know we have been through it are so damn happy that we finally have two beautiful girls they couldn't care less about their gender.