+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else experienced this over baby's gender?

I'm 5 months pregnant with my second son. We decided to find out the gender this time round and thrilled that its a healthy boy. We decided to tell the rest of the family over christmas that its another boy and i was totally shocked by some of their reactions! one aunty said ''Oh that's shame, a girl would have been so lovely, never mind, third time lucky?'' another uncle said ''i guess you'll be trying for a third then soon?'' I couldn't believe the reactions we were getting and wished we'd not even told them! Why not be pleased that we were able to have another baby rather than focusing solely on the sex of it??

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is for that reason, when we found out we were having a second girl, we told nobody. Before we found out everyone said 'I bet you want a boy' and 'I hope you don't get another girl'.
    I love having two kids the same gender, obviously I know no different and I ignore the people who plead for us to have a son - we don't want more kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have found a lot of people like people to have the pigeon pair. If i have another child, i would love for another boy.

Congrats on your second blue bundle and try and ignore all the negative nancys as much as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 29-12-2013 at 14:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes unfortunately Ds2 is 5 months old and my inlaws still carry on about him being our second boy. Mil said to him the other day "you should have been a girl". Mil also shares photos of pretty dresses on fb and says "I wish I had a girl to dress" yeah because boys don't need clothes When we told them we were having another boy the first thing mil and sil text back was "damn we need a girl". When I had ds2 they said they weren't coming to the hospital for a visit because they were having a family bbq Dh bawled his eyes out I was so mad. I said to dh I bet if we had a girl they would have been waiting outside the delivery room.

I try to not let it get to me because I love having two boys and my family adores them but gosh Its hard with some of the **** they say. Im pregnant with our third and to be honest it makes me feel sick at how they will react when they find out wether Its another boy. Im sorry no advice but you aren't alone
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 29-12-2013 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. We got this and it was heartbreaking. I decided not to tell the rest of my family that we were having a second (healthy, perfect, beautiful!) little girl and told people that we didn't know the sex. I just couldn't handle the "Oh, what a shame!" Comments.

We still get people asking when we'll be having a third, just to give dh a son. They just assume we're disappointed with two girls for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh yes, I got this with my third boy, it broke my heart too. He only has a couple of birth cards where the other 2 boys have trillions ( DS2 was 8 weeks prem so he got showered in cards etc or I'm sure he would have gotten ' the oh what a shame comments as well)

People can be unthinking *****.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Yes unfortunately Ds2 is 5 months old and my inlaws still carry on about him being our second boy. Mil said to him the other day "you should have been a girl". Mil also shares photos of pretty dresses on fb and says "I wish I had a girl to dress" yeah because boys don't need clothes When we told them we were having another boy the first thing mil and sil text back was "damn we need a girl". When I had ds2 they said they weren't coming to the hospital for a visit because they were having a family bbq Dh bawled his eyes out I was so mad. I said to dh I bet if we had a girl they would have been waiting outside the delivery room.

I try to not let it get to me because I love having two boys and my family adores them but gosh Its hard with some of the **** they say. Im pregnant with our third and to be honest it makes me feel sick at how they will react when they find out wether Its another boy. Im sorry no advice but you aren't alone
    Oh Purple Lily how awful! Your poor DH. People just don't think before they open their big stupid mouths.

With our second we found out the gender but feigned stupidity to avoid comments like those above. By the time DS2 was born everyone just fell in love with him and it wasn't an issue.

In saying this I still got the odd comment about being disappointed or next time I'll be lucky but I would just think to myself why the hell would I be disappointed?!? I got a perfectly healthy baby boy so many others aren't so lucky.

We are just starting to TTC # 3 and tbh I'm dreading the "oh you'll have to have a girl this time" comments. Sure I'd love a girl but if blue is for me then I'll be happy with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Oh Purple Lily how awful! Your poor DH. People just don't think before they open their big stupid mouths.

With our second we found out the gender but feigned stupidity to avoid comments like those above. By the time DS2 was born everyone just fell in love with him and it wasn't an issue.

In saying this I still got the odd comment about being disappointed or next time I'll be lucky but I would just think to myself why the hell would I be disappointed?!? I got a perfectly healthy baby boy so many others aren't so lucky.

We are just starting to TTC # 3 and tbh I'm dreading the "oh you'll have to have a girl this time" comments. Sure I'd love a girl but if blue is for me then I'll be happy with that!
    I felt terrible for him because when he got the message he was running around kmart finding me undies and leggings and burst into tears in the middle of the store. Then when he got to the hospital and told me what they had said he was hysterical, broke my heart He actually cried more than me after the birth because he was so in love with his second boy and it was obvious his family couldn't have cared less. Ds1 was a suprise when born but they were busting down the maternity ward doors to see him bearing gifts, cards and balloons. They have never even tried to hide their disappointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I felt terrible for him because when he got the message he was running around kmart finding me undies and leggings and burst into tears in the middle of the store. Then when he got to the hospital and told me what they had said he was hysterical, broke my heart He actually cried more than me after the birth because he was so in love with his second boy and it was obvious his family couldn't have cared less. Ds1 was a suprise when born but they were busting down the maternity ward doors to see him bearing gifts, cards and balloons. They have never even tried to hide their disappointment
    their loss I reckon. Big hugs for you and your DH x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still a week away from finding out if we've got a boy or girl but I get so annoyed when people presume I want a girl. I actually think we're going to have another boy, and I feel like I need to defend him already! I understand that gender disappointment is very real for some people, but to be honest it offends me that people think I only want a girl and will be disappointed with a boy, because that is not the case!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

3cheekyboys  (29-12-2013),Chippa  (29-12-2013)