+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Advice needed please

Hi all ,
    i am desperately trying to find the right answers and any advice is greatly appreciated. DH and I have been questioning whether to change from city fertility and dr. Eskander(who we dearly adore) to monash ivf. I made an appointment with dr. Nicole Hope after we found out our 4th antagonist cycle failed. We have done 4 cycles thus year in 2013. 2 iui in 2012. We have not been able to freeze any eggs and am very confused. Has anyone experienced the change from city fertility to monash ivf? Does anyone know dr. Hope? Any advice. DH 37 nothing wrong. Me 35 nothing wrong. Both of us r very healthy, don't smoke, drink and do plenty of exercise. Help!
    Baby prayers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    We are not from Melbourne. Just wanted to tell you that changing clinic and dr to get a second opinion was the best thing we did. We did not realise how conservative the first doc was, and when we went to the second he ran a lot of tests that the first had never done and we found 4 issues with me. We managed to do something about them all and I'm now 9w pregnant!
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    Just wanted to give you some advice. My DH and I were with melb ivf for 3 years with no luck and poor service from both our FS and clinic so we moved to monash ivf at the end of last year. Best decision ever!!!!! Monash were so easy to deal with and so stress free. If you need a good doctor I would see dr Lynn Burmeister. She is the best there and it will be a long wait to see her but well worth it. You don't realise how much doctors can do for you in ivf till you get a good one that will test you to get the whole picture then set the right protocol. I thought nothing was wrong with me till Lynn tested me for everything under the sun and it came out that I had thyroid issues, gluten intolerance and elevated natural killer cells which affect implantation. I didn't think eskander was an ivf doc as he was my friend's OB?? Lynn is up to date with the most recent research in ivf and is very proactive. She just wants you pregnant and will go all out on your first go with her. Fell pregnant both cycles with her.

Make an appointment with her first then call monash and they will send you some forms to fill out. You don't need to get a new police check just email them a copy of it. You may need to pay to get a copy of your medical records from city fertility. Well MIVF wanted us to pay.
    A second opinion is the best thing to do and I wish you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was with Cfc and moved to Lynn B at Monash. I should have done it sooner. Lynn got me up the duff on my second cycle after a HEAP of extra testing that CFC never would have done (I'd asked too). Id move quick sticks and recommend Lynn (although you will battle to get every appointment as she is so booked up) or Nick Lolgatis. Im moving on to donor eggs as mine are shot due to age, but Lynn is assisting me. Her testing of me found 5 issues that meant none of my CFC cycles could ever have worked... once treated I got pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    PS...CFC didn't charge me for my files

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I was with Dr Eskander at CFC when I first started ivf I found him to be very lovely but very busy I also didn't like sitting in the waiting room with pregnant women. I asked Alex a lot of questions but never felt like I got a proper answer. We moved to dr poliness had 2 cycles with her & were fed up with CFC after that so moved to monash under luk rombauts best thing we could ever have done & we have just got our first BFP with monash. I got more out of 1 appt with dr rombauts than I did my whole time at CFC. I hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I agree with the other girls lynn B is amazing she did my transfer that got me pregnant & found something that may have been stopping me getting pregnant in the process. Also monash do ultrasound guided transfers CFC don't & when I insisted they did ultrasound transfer they fumbled around & really had no idea what they were doing & I'm a nurse so I knew enough about ultrasounds to realise they had no clue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! to everyone who had replied. It means soo much. But, does anyone know of dr. Nicole Hope? Also, I will ring monash ivf and request another appointment withdr. Lynn Burmeister aswell. Thank you to all again. Happy new year , I can't wait to say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi baby prayers, my doctor at monash is dr. Nicole hope. I found her great. She is very thorough in testing, will test for everything. I had success 4th cycle and now have a 20month old son. Also currently 7 weeks pregnant from first transfer trying for number 2. Definitely get second opinion. I think if you go with any doctor at monash you will be in good hands, monash is the best. Good luck