+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tend to think there needs to be more education about the power of the internet. Playground bullies or workplace bullies can be pulled into line quickly by reporting it to the teacher or supervisor, but on the internet, there can be hundreds of people involved before the day is over. Children need to understand the power of their words. Children need to be safeguarded from all of this, and all parents need to be watchful. I can agree with naming and shaming, but not taking it to the point of asking others to also hurt the bully. such a sad situation. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As far as I'm concerned, bullies need to be named and shamed. Nothing will stop them unless everyone knows what a nasty piece of work they are. Bullies only need one follower to keep them ontop. Knock em down and show them it will not be tolerated. My dd has been bullied since she was 10. The school has done its best, the girls parents couldn't care less, the police have given a talk yet they still bully. I will not even look at these girls or their parents anymore without a scowl on my face. Nasty nasty pieces of work...look out if they keep bullying my dd in highschool. I will not tolerate it.
    No one knows what it's like until your child comes home in tears daily, hurt and rejected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately kids do understand the power of the internet and utilise it accordingly. I feel the education aspect needs to be focused on consequences. Again, unfortunately, schools just don't do enough. And neither do parents. I've had bullying issues in our family and the amount of carpet shoving and averting eyes was appalling.

It's not enough to get the child to switch off from FB. These bullies are still able to whip up a frenzy in the child's absence. Screenshots are also admissible in court so saving these attacks electronically is also worthwhile.

I will not tolerate bullying for one day let alone a year. When this happened to my nephew we took legal action. Slapped an order on the child so the school was forced to take action and the parents were brought squarely into line and forced to acknowledge that their son was a cowardly demon who needed psychiatric help.

No. I don't brook giving it time for one second. It's up to us as parents to educate our children in protective behaviours and to advocate for them in the face of authorities who say they are proactive but rarely ever are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would name and shame and if that's all the mum did then I can't see where the problem is...? Maybe the article doesn't mention all the facts. But IMO you bully someone and you deal with the consequences (obviously I'm referring to being called out on it and suitably punished within the law, nothing more extreme!)