+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Full time interesting job or part time ok ish?

As the title say I just got offered a really interesting job 5 days/week, it's not a promotion or huge amount of money but it's a very good company and interesting work. My current role is 4 days/week and it's ok,I don't particularly get thrilled doing it. I don't know what to choose! I will also have to get that one day a week in a different childcare cos our current one doesn't have that day available. I'm so stressed when I think about my toddler being upset a put new childcare and spending 5 days in various care! I'm so anxious just thinking I might be giving up a day with my son for a job???!!! He's 18 months old and has been in 4 days care since 10 months he really likes it but as I said that one day would have to be in a different center... I've tried negotiating flexibility and they are not willing to budge, they have another 5 people who'd be willing to take that job and get paid less and not have childcare issues...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No sorry I'm no help, but thought I'd mention you may not get any extra CCB or CCR for the 5th day of care... That could make it even less appealing for you, but I'm not 100% on this so don't take my word for it 😉 good luck deciding, sounds a bit difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I would take into consideration what the pay would make your childcare/FTB??Is it worth it to take on extra work?I work 2 days a week and when I work it out if I worked an extra day I would get LESS than just staying at home with my kid.It sounds SO bludgey,but if it came down to it,,,,hell yes I would stay with my kid rather than leave him and work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went with an interesting full time job over my cushy, part-time, easy, boring-my-brains-out job and I am so glad I did. DD is at school though, so I wasn't facing your daycare dilemma.

Are you sure the extra day isn't available? I'd keep asking, other people might be switching/dropping days. In the mean time can you get family or a babysitter to cover the extra day until it becomes available?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooks View Post
    No sorry I'm no help, but thought I'd mention you may not get any extra CCB or CCR for the 5th day of care... That could make it even less appealing for you, but I'm not 100% on this so don't take my word for it 😉 good luck deciding, sounds a bit difficult.
    This was a factor in me deciding to stick to 4 days as I received 80-100% CCB. CCB covers 50 hours of care but most centres charge a day as 11-12 hours, 55-60 hours a week leaving 5-10 hours a week that you pay for at full rate.

If you don't get much CCB to start with this would be less of a concern.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I get much CCB I only get CCR. I think at this point I'm thinking maybe I should take an interesting full time role with a view that after having a second bub couple of years down the line I'll hopefully come back to a good role and might be able to negotiate a day off whereis my current role - I just don't see myself staying there longer than half a year, I'll prob keep looking for something else then...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I should keep looking for something that I will enjoy and that allows some flexibility/part time although to be honest i hardly ever see those types of roles, part time is mainly admin or teaching or childcare...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but I would not be moving to a job who straight out are being inflexible. Understandable for some companies, sure. But you are a mum- they sound like the type if company who will give you grief over having to stay home to look after sick kids etc. Just not worth it IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't do it, my DDs been in varied care recently while I was working long hours and you just feel like everyday is a mess running from A to B, little down time & no special time together, I wouldn't do it again no matter the job offer.