+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Spotlight sell the doona panels so all you have to do is put some Dacron between the panels and sew them up. They have a good range of licensed designs and prints. My girls have Disney mermaids and Barbie toddler bed size quilts. MIL enhanced the design by sewing ribbon to the edges which looks great.
    That's not what I want. I'm after quilt/doona covers that you put a doona inside not a comforter with the dacron inside like you describe. Can find 100's of them. Covers in cot size is what is hard to find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can make covers out of the panels. I have made Minnie Mouse, little mermaid john deer and spot covers from panels I have found online.

I agree that finding covers in a cot size is almost impossible

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It sounds like it might have potential!

I would be hesitant to use licenced items though as you might find yourself in a spot of legal bother unless you had permission to sell licenced branded products.

All the best though.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Covers in cot size is what is hard to find.
    I think the reason for this would probably be safety. Too easy for a mobile baby in a cot to get tangled/inside a doona cover - leading to issues with suffocation. Where as a comforter is sewn together, they can't get inside it, which is probably why we see all of these available for sale.

Could be me just over thinking it, but I wouldn't use a doona cover in a cot or toddler bed. I'd leave that until they are in a big bed and just use the comforters until then for my peace of mind.

If you are considering selling something like this I would be investigating SIDS guidelines/recommendations and also look into product insurance before you start selling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We struggled with this too. Seemed there was heaps around when DS was a baby but by the time dD came along they were impossible to find. Living textiles was the one we got for DS but I can't remember what brand the one we found for DD was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I think the reason for this would probably be safety. Too easy for a mobile baby in a cot to get tangled/inside a doona cover - leading to issues with suffocation. Where as a comforter is sewn together, they can't get inside it, which is probably why we see all of these available for sale.

Could be me just over thinking it, but I wouldn't use a doona cover in a cot or toddler bed. I'd leave that until they are in a big bed and just use the comforters until then for my peace of mind.

If you are considering selling something like this I would be investigating SIDS guidelines/recommendations and also look into product insurance before you start selling.
    This sounds like good advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post

I get where you are coming from and would never use one for any child under 2. DS is 28mths and has started getting out of his sleeping bag so needs something else, at the moment because it's summer he just has a sheet over him. He will be going into a toddler bed when he starts climbing out of the cot but I don't see the difference between the bedding on a toddler bed and a regular bed, one is just smaller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Will definitely be looking into it more and making sure everything is safe