+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pnd? Anxiety? Both?

I think maybe I have pnd? But the idea freaks me out. I have made gp app for next Friday to get referral to a councillor I have seen in the past and I'm sure go and councillor will both support me but I'm kinda curious to see what outside view is?

I feel like I don't have pnd, rather motherhood has triggered off anxiety I always had? Not sure the label even matters I suppose.

It was Suggested I write down my symptoms to take to gp with me so here goes

I worry and panic about almost everything

There is very lil that doesn't worry me

I never ever feel relaxed or calm. I always feel on edge.

I get some relief when the kids (13mths and 6wks) are asleep but even then I feel anxious about what I should/need to get done and also thinking about them waking up

I feel stressed about not getting enough sleep which makes it hard to sleep

Day to day I am a control freak. I feel like if I control everything and everyone it will reduce the opportunities for anything to go wrong.

I am consumed about thinking about things that could go wrong particularly with my boys health and well being

I have developed an anxiety about food allergies with my son and restrict his diet

I create elaborate systems to control and manage all my anxieties

I am mentally exhausted from all this

I worry my boys will get sick, particularly worry about rashes and bites.

It is getting worse and worse to the point I feel like I'm getting a but OCD in my daily life. Daily life is busy so the 'better' I do at it. Ie managing kids, household, bills, work is almost feeding my OCD and justifying my anxiety? Does that make sense

Sorry its a bit all over the place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had all those symptoms but crying a lot, not wanting to leave the house, hate for myself and a general feel of not being able to cope even on the good days...I was diagnosed with pnd. Does seem more like anxiety than pnd. Have you done the pnd test on the beyond blue website?

Hugs for you I have been there and I still struggle Its great that you are taking that step foward xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Also here is the test if you haven't had a look yet

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/resourc...pression-scale

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any particular issues with my boys. I don't feel as close to ds6wks as I do to ds13mths though whih concerns me. But in general I have warm feelings for ds6wks and am totally in love and mesmerised by ds13mths.

Main issue with them is I'm so anxious about looking After them, feeding them, keeping their clothes clean, being perfect mother that I don't actually engage with them in the moment iykwim.

I spend my whole time consumed with doing all the things I should do to keep them well that I don't have any fun with them. I wish away the hrs and dread their awake time because it impacts on the time I need to take care of them. Ironic hah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exactly how I was with ds1 it is a tiring feeling, and dont worry you make sense there have been many ladies on here who could have written your post me included xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply. Yep I did test at Mchn and got 11 (I fudged it tbh) did it at home and got 21?!?! That wa a few weeks ago when I was really flat and a total total mess including thinking it would be easier if I wasn't alive (not that I would do it but it was a scary thought to even have)

I reduced some stresses (mainly bf and spoke to hubby, made drs app etx). That was two weeks ago. Did it just before and it's 16 so still high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like Anxiety and OCD ... Maybe a touch of depression. I suffer depression and anxiety. If I get in my head something needs to be done, it has to get done immediately or I freak out.
    Today for the first time, I stopped midway through cleaning and took dd for a swim. I kept chanting in my head, she doesn't care if the house is clean she just wants to have fun with her mum. It did me the world of good xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds exactly how I felt with my first bub! I was having panic attacks during the day as well! Tried anti depressants after my gp suggested post natal anxiety - which is very common and can lead to depression! Didn't like the tablets so tried other things! Joined the gym as out DD in the creche! Made me feel much better! Are you exercising?? It can work wonders!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never really considered OCD cos historically I'm very lazy and not clean.

I def obsess about health stuff and boys getting sick but now it's creeping into daily life. I feel like I'm turning into a crazy 50s housewife and left wondering if its a positive or neg. from the outside it looks positive and like I'm coping but from the inside it costs a lot. I have a temper and control my husband and loss my mind if something I decide needs doing isn't done immediately by whoever I decide needs to do it. Worse of all I know its negative because my boys get a stressed out non engaged mum who puts these anxieties and responsibilities before their happiness. But it's hard she being a good mum also means keeping them safe, well feed and clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Its definitely good that you are being checked out. Sounds like you may be depressed but the anxiety and possiblr ocd is causing that. You have a lot of stress and pressure which stems from the anxiety you are experiencing. Even just getting it out at the gp and counsellor will do you a world of good. Oh and I forgot to say before don't be afraid of it all I know It's all very overwhelming to think you need help but there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking it. Once you start to feel better the fear will ease

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (26-12-2013)