+ Reply to Thread
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thumbs up There is peace to be found.

No, it's not a thing she'll need forever, it's a place where we come together less and less often. A place for when her teeth ache as they finish pushing through, and a place for when her stuffy nose makes it all that much harder to fall into a sleep needed for getting better.

You can't scare me away from these tools of comfort with silly dire predictions.

I have yet to see an able-bodied child become a wheelchair bound adult from stroller days as an infant. I have yet to see a bottle fed child existing only on smoothies. I have never seen a crib-sleeper that had to sleep in a bed with raised sides.

I have not seen those adults that still breastfeed as they go off to college. The wrap-babies that never choose to walk. I have not seen the co-sleepers joyfully pulled near, who have never chosen to assert their independence.

These are the tools of infancy which slowly phase themselves away. The tools which are replaced by independence as the child grows into themselves. They are tools for supporting young humans through rough times.

You are learning that yes, there is peace to be found. That is a lesson that will come to serve you well.

I saw this on FB today and thought I would share it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love it

I should pass this on to mil since apparently we are doing it all wrong

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Love it

I should pass this on to mil since apparently we are doing it all wrong
    Glad you like it

Can you just smile and nod? or...tell her to freck off ...sorry I don't have much experience with IL's meddling mine are very very absent in our lives and my parents are very relaxed (thank god!).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's why i stand by "do what works for you"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh yes we have perfected the art of nodding and changing the subject! We got tired of hearing the rod in our backs phrase....funny that our cosleeper now sleeps 13 hours a night in his own room. That same child drinks a litre of water a day even though we didn't give him water as a tiny baby And the best one is that the baby we hugged and cuddled a lot before bed now gives us a kiss and a hug, hops into bed and dozes off straight away....funny that!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-12-2013)