+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to the docs and thankfully walked right in without having to wait at all. Was given a tetanus shot and also have antibiotics.
    Thanks again for the advice, I probably would have just left it... :/

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (26-12-2013),CakeyMumma  (26-12-2013),headoverfeet  (26-12-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Glad to hear you didn't have to wait

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you didn't get details but I would report the incident anyway. I can walk my dogs and hold both back with no issue. Not that I'd ever need to hold them back from attacking someone! But if I ever needed to I could....if you cannot hold the dog back you shouldn't be walking it! If I ever thought I wasn't strong enough I wouldn't take mine (1 is a chihuahua lol)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MyboysMylife For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Report the the council - give them as many details as you can on all the dogs and a dr report if you can get it. In Vic they could be declared a dangerous dog just because if what they did. If they are known to the rangers this final bit of information might be what is needed for the declaration and you potentially be saving a child from facial wounds.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (27-12-2013),~Marigold~  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyboysMylife View Post
    I know you didn't get details but I would report the incident anyway. I can walk my dogs and hold both back with no issue. Not that I'd ever need to hold them back from attacking someone! But if I ever needed to I could....if you cannot hold the dog back you shouldn't be walking it! If I ever thought I wasn't strong enough I wouldn't take mine (1 is a chihuahua lol)
    I definitly should have done/said more than I did to the owners- I was stupidly polite and brushed it off... minutes later I looked at the bite at home and realised I'd made a mistake in not getting their details. The wife actually said the dog had been tormented by kids and always "went for" wheels... DD was on her toddler bike... So why didn't they cross the road when they saw us coming their way???
    The more I think about it, the angrier it makes me. Angry at myself, too, for being too nice.
    I actually said "don't worry about it" when they were saying sorry. It was just so sudden and literally left me shocked and speechless at the time. I take DD for walks to the park all the time and I'm assuming they were locals so all I can do is keep an eye out for them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Report the the council - give them as many details as you can on all the dogs and a dr report if you can get it. In Vic they could be declared a dangerous dog just because if what they did. If they are known to the rangers this final bit of information might be what is needed for the declaration and you potentially be saving a child from facial wounds.
    Yes you're right. The dog was closer to DD than it was to me, it could have easily bitten her...
    I will call the council tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing OP! I have 0 patience for dog owners like this. I don't know how many times I've heard "oh don't worry about little rover, he's friendly"
    Yeah so was every dog before it ripped a child's face off. You have every right to be angry, I honestly don't know what I would have done in your situation, probably kicked the dog in its freakin head!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (27-12-2013),headoverfeet  (27-12-2013),Maia  (27-12-2013),~Marigold~  (27-12-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    You poor thing OP! I have 0 patience for dog owners like this. I don't know how many times I've heard "oh don't worry about little rover, he's friendly"
    Yeah so was every dog before it ripped a child's face off. You have every right to be angry, I honestly don't know what I would have done in your situation, probably kicked the dog in its freakin head!
    Love this post!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Why is it that the dog is always the one to get punished?! Kicking the dog in the head? Seriously? That's pathetic.
    Why not blame the owners who allowed their dog to get too close to some one else, they're responsible for the dog, you can't blame the dog for feeling threatened and lashing out, have you ever thought what it would look like from the dogs point of view? Out having an adventure, so many smells and things to look at, and is then surrounded by a bunch of strangers? (no I'm not suggesting op did anything wrong or got too close, it was the owners that were at fault) what would you do if you were suddenly surrounded by a bunch of people and had no way of escaping???

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (27-12-2013),callmedragon22  (27-12-2013),frido  (27-12-2013),HarvestMoon  (27-12-2013),IndigoJ  (27-12-2013),Liddybugs  (27-12-2013),LilCritter  (27-12-2013),Lillynix  (27-12-2013),mishh  (27-12-2013),Tainted  (27-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If a dog was biting/attacking me or my child of course I'd kick it. Doesn't sound nice and of course I would never harm an animal unless it was to defend a person/myself. And what you have written in your post is exaclty why I dont trust and detest unmuzzled dogs in public.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 27-12-2013 at 02:21.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (27-12-2013),LoveLivesHere  (27-12-2013),Maia  (27-12-2013)