+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm grateful to read all these different accounts of Christmas. Mine was half awful and half wonderful: half the in laws are mean and rude, and half are lovely and easygoing. Go figure. Hard to avoid the dramas but at least it's over for another year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    It was interesting weird Christmas.
    Back ground. I haven't slept for more 2 hrs for the last 12 days due to gastro and the kids and I being a victim of a crime on saturday.

The teens were up after midnight and woke very early but Bub wouldn't wake until 6. Anyhow we tried to get the Internet going so we could sky dd1 while we opened gifts. Well we couldn't get it going. I cried. We start opening gift and we see a car pull up. The kids school principal hops out with bags of gifts. Now our kids go to a school with around 1000 kids. Anyhow she had heard about the crime and had run into the kids yesterday while the we're get their gifts for the random acts of kindness gifts wrapped. She was touched by their kindness even after the incident wanted to bless them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    So wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our dishwasher (not even 2yrs old) stopped working Xmas night...I just finished hand washing it all. Thismorning dh's monitor stopped working...broken cable!
    Kids had a great Xmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We all got spoilt... but from 6am xmas eve to 6pm xmas day we were on the go... lunches here, dinners there, sleepover... ds kept crying xmas eve asking for his own bed, dd was screaming until late.. Needless to say we were a little cranky and exhausted...

We have decided next year we aren't staying overnight anywhere... we want to wake up in our own home and atleast have xmas morning to ourselves :-)

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Relaxing and stress free. Our xmas lunch with dp's family was rescheduled for last week which we weren't able to make it to anyway. But it left us free to take our time before casually heading off to dinner at my sisters.

The only downside was the massive amounts of presents we all got. while we appreciate them it feels like we are trying to be bought and it makes us feel cheap for not being able to spend as much on them. One year we even had to take a trailer!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll let you know in 11 sleeps when we have it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it's over!!!!