+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where to place carseat plus 2 teens?

I have a Hyundai i30, which is a great little car and suits us well so far. Starting to think about a car seat for bub due in April, but my main concern at the moment is where we are going to put it?

Most of the time it will just be bub and I in the car, and sometimes DH as well. My concern though is having enough room in the back seat when we have his 2 teenage sons with us on their fortnightly visits. We obviously want to still go out all together when bub comes along, but I don't know what is going to work best for where to put the carseat?

I have read conflicting information about the safest place to put the car seat too. Some recommend behind the front passenger seat, so it's easy to get the baby in and out away from the road (and you can check on them easily during a drive). Other sources say though that the middle seat is best.

The middle seat would probably work best when we have the boys so they're not squished up next to each other, but obviously I want to make sure it's safe and not inconvenient for me to be getting the baby in and out of the car when I've got her by myself. I'm a bit hesitant to be constantly shifting the seat around as I planned on having it professionally installed and don't want to mess that up.

Any suggestions what may be the best solution?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do what works for you best so back passenger would be most convenient.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess back passenger would be the most convenient, but may have more room for the teens if bubs carseat was in the middle...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
    I guess back passenger would be the most convenient, but may have more room for the teens if bubs carseat was in the middle...?
    That's the dilemma I'm having, obviously want it to be easy transferring bubs, but I don't want the boys to feel put out.

If I'd known I was going to be pregnant 5 months after buying a new car I might have looked for something a bit bigger, but that's not an option now :-\

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would put bub in the middle so the other kids can fit.
    I've always had bubs in the middle, it's never been a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would put it in the middle. DS1 was always in the middle until we had DS2 and now they are on each side with not much room in the middle. It was no trouble getting him in and out from the middle.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive always had my babies in the middle too, with the other seats free you will find yourself half climbing into the car to do the car seat up anyway so it wont be too bad.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like the middle might be the way to go. I've just been looking at some car seats with a narrow base to try and maximise the room available for all the kids too.

The other option is to use DH's slightly bigger car (camry) on the weekends which might make things a bit easier - I'd just have to be confident we can move the seat between cars and install it securely each time...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is 2 car seats an option? One in each car you you can get them both professionally intalled. Though I dont find it that hard to do

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a sportage and find I like the middle best as I can kneel on the seat to do bub up were as on the side it's a bit harder. Then when I turn bub forward facing I move to the side.