+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this pre-labour???

Hiya,

I'm currently 27+2 with my second and have been experiencing some feelings in the past 11 days that I never did with my first. I was induced with my first so don't know how it feels to go into labour on my own or how long it can take.

Starting 11 days ago, I've been getting terrible period like pain, like the pain I felt at the very beginning of labour with my first and a tremendous amount of pelvic pressure. Also have very strong lower backache and been getting lots & lots of Braxton hicks and uterine "fluttering". My Ob put me on Panadeine Forte for a few days to see if that helped- it didn't. I'm using heat packs, having long baths and resting on my side (as much as I can with a toddler!) to try and cope. He didn't check my cervix or anything but said the baby is very low and head down, but not engaged. I'm seeing him again in just under 3 weeks but he told me to call if anything changes or I need anything in the meantime. Is he thinking this could be an early and prolonged pre-labour?? Coz that's what I'm starting to think! At first I thought maybe I have a bit of an incompetent cervix due to the amazing pressure- if I'm not lying down I feel as though the baby is just going to fall out from between my legs!! But now I just don't know!

Anyone else had had a similar experience??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could have written this exact post!

OB diagnosed me with an irritable uterus & predicted premature labour. I was admitted into hospital on bed rest for a few days & my baby was born 3 days past her due date.

My pain was significantly worse after walking & even sitting in an upright position. Rest as much as possible, it's the only way to get through it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

KattyKitty  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really Smyles?? When did it start for you, seeing as you didn't end up with a prem delivery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was about 28 weeks, OB told me I would be lucky to make it to 32. He was wrong! It was awful, the pains felt so much like labour, I went to hospital 3 times sure I was in labour.

When I finally went into labour I stayed at home until I really couldn't handle it any more, when I got to the hospital I was 8cm dilated. If DD wasn't so big & didn't get stuck she would have been born within an hour of my arrival!