+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDanni View Post
    Thanks again for all the replies... I thought I'd give a quick update..

Being Christmas I have had much of a chance to try anything new, however today he had a two hour nap (normally only 40 mins) and he woke up ok! He was a little bit sooky but no where near hysterics! He has had a few really late nights so much have been really tired!
    It was such a nice afternoon not having his melt down! Fingers crossed it continues!
    Did you do anything differently? Put him
    down earlier than usual, later than usual? Did he eat more or less than usual? Was it hotter or colder? Different clothing?

Sorry for all the questions, being in your situation I wish I knew what to do to lengthen her naps and have her wake up happy like she used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing different that I know of... I guess the weather has been cooler... But I generally dress him according to the weather...

I'm not sure if it's just because he has been having late nights so he is having decent naps...

I put him down at 1.30 yesterday and today.... He is still asleep now (going on 1.5 hrs) so will see how he is when he wakes up.

I really can't think of anything different, except for the late nights. Although, last night he was in bed at his usual time of 7pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread!
    My DD does this more often than not - doesn't do full on tantrums but she doesn't know what she wants, cries being held, cries if she's on the floor! ( she is 18 mo) done this for months now and does it at Childcare too! so hard if they do it at Childcare as she wants cuddles and 1:1 time but so hard for the carers! hope she grows out of it like alot if your little ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    He woke up about 15 minutes ago... Pretty upset, but managed to distract him with some Thomas trains he got for Christmas... He was in the kitchen screaming but heard DH and I playing with the trains so came running!

So, after yesterday's success, today is a bit of a let down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDanni View Post
    He woke up about 15 minutes ago... Pretty upset, but managed to distract him with some Thomas trains he got for Christmas... He was in the kitchen screaming but heard DH and I playing with the trains so came running!

So, after yesterday's success, today is a bit of a let down
    It's so hard when they are up and down isn't it? My DD slept 1.5 hours at my parents yesterday and woke up fine. Today she slept in her cot and 1/2 hour sleep followed by hysterics. In some ways it's just easier if they are consistently bad at napping, so you don't get the highs and the lows.

I know exactly what you are going through!

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.