+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My parents live a plane ride + a drive away. So it's nice not to have to lug stuff on the plane when we are going there. They have:
    - portacot (although not used much as she just sleeps with us)
    - high chair
    - booster seat for chair
    - car seat
    - stroller
    - sandpit
    - various toys and books (mostly ours that they've recycled)
    - Baby bath (although I agree, it's unnecessary)
    - bath stuff
    - Nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have
    portacot
    high chair
    bibs
    bottles
    Baby dinnerware
    bunch of toys
    stroller
    car seats

My in laws are interstate and they have only
    portacot
    stroller
    and that is plenty.
    my mum watches my kids weekly so it's a bit different than the occasional visit.

Watch for sales at places like baby bunting. You can sometimes pick up portacothigh for not much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have a high chair, portacot, cot, clothes, nappies, toys, pram and cutlery for our son. Most of it we've paid fo, but some of the clothes and cutlery mum and dad have picked up at markets or on special at target etc.

They live on a farm and used to have him for two days a week - so it made sense to have everything there as well. They no longer have him so regularly, but it's really nice to be able to just chuck him in the cot for a sleep or grab some of the spare clothes to change him if he's gotten dirty in the chook yard or had an accident!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my parents and il's have port a cot, high chair and toys. Plus cup plate etc when they are older.
    Mil tried providing nappies and creams but she is a 2 min drive away and I always had a nappy bag so never used them

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't yet but they will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Adopt me?

I think that's lovely and I'm glad they love the idea too!

I hope to be able to have a nursery in my home when I'm a grandparent.

My paternal grandparents bought a house with a 4 room dormitory at the end to house their grandkids, we had pin boards in each of our rooms covered in our art and letters we sent them, our own books, dolls/teddies. She also had a large office that had cupboards full of toys and art supplies that became our rumpus room when we were visiting.

It was really nice, we stayed there a LOT and it definitely feels like one of my childhood homes. I had a great relationship with them both and really cherish how important we were to them.

I wish my kids grandparents were like them, or you... my dad hasn't met my 2.5 year old daughter, my mum visits once a year, my ex-MIL lives 20 minutes away and only sees them if they are brought to her, my ex-FIL was here last week from Cairns for a whole week and didn't bother to see them. It does make me sad that they won't have what I had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My IL's have nothing and my parents have a high chair and that's all.

To be honest for us it would be unnecessary.

We don't see the IL's often but it'd be handy if they had a highchair.

Most of the time people come to us or DS sleeps on the way in the car or we could take our portacot but we have never needed to.

My mum comes here if looking after DS (which has only been once for an hour). It may be different when DS gets older but I'm glad neither of them bought things as I would hate for them to have wasted there money.

HOWEVER -- in your situation I would say that would be very useful and appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum and dad live literally 600m away (5 min walk!) and have a bedroom set up for the grand kids! When he was little I used to buy double of some clothes and leave sets at her place! But she does mind my DS 2 days a week and picks up my niece from school every afternoon so it's just easier having everything there, my in laws live 6 hours away and always come up here once or twice a month so they have minimal stuff at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has a portacot, change table, high chair, nappies, wipes, creams, baby soaps and of course toys. DS is 14 months, makes life so much easier! When she can afford one she's also getting a car seat.

FIL has a 2.5 year old so has everything there but we've never stayed overnight and he's never taken DS so I bring nappies when we visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Louise great idea!! That way new mum and dad can easily come over without worrying about loading the car. My parents have this and its awesome!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app