+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    It is a lovely idea. Just make sure you ask first. I have seen many threads on bubhub where the mother to be has found it controlling even if that wasn't the intention. I think if the parents say its ok then go ahead.

At my mums we had high chair, toys and a portacot. I bought those things though.

Nothing at the in laws as they live over an hour away and never go there. They come to our house.
    my son said its fine and thinks its a good idea... they live an hour away and will be coming for weekends etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents in law have everything we would use at home. Cot, high chair, rocker, toys, nappies wipes etc. we have a small car so it saves us having to bring it all with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    There is quite possibly very valid reasons for this, I doubt its just a choice made willy nilly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    wow defensive much? yes there probably is a good reason why but I still can say its sad for all parties involved cant I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    Definitely a cot, if you had the space I'd get a proper one, but a portacot is also good. I wouldn't worry about nappies, especially when they are little because they grow through sizes so quickly. Get some wipes, toys, a playmat, highchair would be handy. I'm always asking mil for a towel to put on her couch etc before I feed my little on because he is a spewer, so maybe a few cloth nappies / towels for cleaning up baby messes. A sheet or 2 for the cot, and a blanket is always handy.
    I so hope this baby doesn't take after its father ( my son) who was a projectile vomiter...I will need a truckload of spew cloths lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My MIL has bed, cot, high chair, pram, car seats in her car, toys, books, utensils etc. They live in VIC and I'm in QLD so its great as we never bring anything!!! They even have gumboots for all of us for the farm.

My mum who lives 10min from me only has a high chair as she minds the kids more often at our place. Plus mum is a co sleeper so cots are just clothes hampers for her.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I have a car seat on layby for my car... my MIL and mum did the same and it was so much easier than having to transfer seats.. the parents to be know and think its a great idea.. I also got one for my DS car so they have one each..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    wow defensive much? yes there probably is a good reason why but I still can say its sad for all parties involved cant I?
    Not defensive, just matter of fact, my children dont see one set of grandparents, and my kids are not sad or unlucky etc and honestly the grandparents act like they couldnt care less. Just a fact of life for many people, no need to feel sad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Not defensive, just matter of fact, my children dont see one set of grandparents, and my kids are not sad or unlucky etc and honestly the grandparents act like they couldnt care less. Just a fact of life for many people, no need to feel sad.

I just guess I feel sad because I remember how great my grandparents were and I wish they were still around... I have such wonderful memories of my life with my grandparents and I am using those memories as a role model with my own grandchild/ren to be

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My parents only live 5 minutes away, but still have built up a collection of things for my kids for when we go there (which is quite often).

When DS1 was born they bought a portacot which didn't get used all that much but was still handy. Mums also built up a collection of toys so there's plenty for both boys to play with now. She always has wipes and nappy sacks. I used to leave a few nappies there for DS1 but with 2 kids now it's easier just to bring everything in my nappy bag.

Once DS started solids they bought a high chair for him to use there, and he's now upgraded to a booster chair that sits on a regular chair so the high chair can now be used by DS2. I've also left behind some cups, spoons etc for feeding and mum has bought a few plates, bowls and drink bottles.

They have also taken great delight in buying different outside things for the backyard so the boys now have their own personal playground at their nanna and papa's which I think is lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has travel cot & bedding for it. Portable high chair seat that straps to dining chair.
    A cheapie stroller. And baby wipes

MIL has a travel cot, highchair & wipes.

Its great as saves me carting stuff everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents live within walking distance and have the full set up including a bed, port a cot, high chair, bouncer, carseat, stroller and all of the small things like nappies, wipes, bottles etc. We're there quite often so it definitely gets used.

My ILs have a high chair and we just take things there when needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast