+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have a portacot, highchair and little rocking chair thing for babies. I bought the baby chair and some toys, etc, when my eldest (first grandchild) was born. It's fantastic to not have to cart all that stuff around every time we go over. There are four grandchildren so far, so all of the stuff has had a fair bit of use but my mum is fantastic about keeping everything clean and in good working order. They also have plastic bowls, spoons and sippy cups for the toddlers. Some of it was bought by us and some by Mum and Dad. My brother and I supply our own nappies, wipes, etc as we don't want to be a financial burden. We're very happy about the free babysitting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely a cot, if you had the space I'd get a proper one, but a portacot is also good. I wouldn't worry about nappies, especially when they are little because they grow through sizes so quickly. Get some wipes, toys, a playmat, highchair would be handy. I'm always asking mil for a towel to put on her couch etc before I feed my little on because he is a spewer, so maybe a few cloth nappies / towels for cleaning up baby messes. A sheet or 2 for the cot, and a blanket is always handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My MIL has bed, cot, high chair, pram, car seats in her car, toys, books, utensils etc. They live in VIC and I'm in QLD so its great as we never bring anything!!! They even have gumboots for all of us for the farm.

My mum who lives 10min from me only has a high chair as she minds the kids more often at our place. Plus mum is a co sleeper so cots are just clothes hampers for her.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My mum has a porta cot, high chair, toys. Only really the necessity stuff, bub just baths in sink or normal bath. She also has wipes but not nappies cos didnt want to waste buying them if he outgrew them before she got a chance to use them all.

She also has a room for my kids at her house with bunk beds and toys etc. Makes it a lot easier for us thats for sure. Mil had a walker when DS1 was a baby but she's never had the younger 2. My dad had nothing but has only had my oldest once and thats it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope nothing but neither grandmother will be minding the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hubby said we will get a cot not a portacot as he wants bub to be comfy.. he said after Christmas he will paint the room and we can make it nice for our first grandchild... my DS and his GF think its a brilliant idea

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (23-12-2013),blissfulfairy  (23-12-2013),HearMeRoar  (23-12-2013),jb23  (23-12-2013),Lauzy  (23-12-2013),melimum  (23-12-2013),smallpotatoes  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    Nope nothing but neither grandmother will be minding the baby.
    oh how sad for your baby and the grandparents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is a lovely idea. Just make sure you ask first. I have seen many threads on bubhub where the mother to be has found it controlling even if that wasn't the intention. I think if the parents say its ok then go ahead.

At my mums we had high chair, toys and a portacot. I bought those things though.

Nothing at the in laws as they live over an hour away and never go there. They come to our house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    oh how sad for your baby and the grandparents
    There is quite possibly very valid reasons for this, I doubt its just a choice made willy nilly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has a :-
    Cot
    Change table
    Highchair
    Toys
    Blankets
    Packet of nappies, wipes etc on hand
    A few bibs
    A couple of changes of clothes as well.
    My sister has two kids ad well that have used these things prior to DS being born in august. My MIL has a ports cot and a few toys and blankets but not much we tend to take everything with us to there house

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast