+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely very thoughtful of you! My Mum has a portacot, highchair and lots of toys for my DD to play with at her house. My MIL on the other hand has nothing! Every time we go to visit her we have to take a portacot and portable highchair with us and I dread it as it is a pain in the backside when it already feels like we have to pack so much without considering these things! Our DD is her 4th grandchild so I would have thought she would have the basics already.

DH + Me + DD (born 11/10/12) = our little family :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds like a good idea in your situation.

My parents are literally 5 minutes down the road so I wouldn't/haven't expected them to get anything as it's unlikely we would need to stay etc being that we are so close to our own house anyway.

Although a high chair would be handy when bubs is older, but I wouldn't expect them to buy one I would purchase one and bring it over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents only live 15mins away but they have a few things at their place. Nappies, nappy sacks, pram (but that's all we need at the moment cause bub is only two months old). My grandparents bought a portacot for Christmas which will be kept at my parents place. It definitely makes things easier when we visit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a great help and a lovely idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents created a 'kids' room - cot, toddler bed, toy box, books, toiletries etc. Its great, the Grandkids have somewhere to sleep & play & parents don't have to worry about bringing anything with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My parents have a high chair, bibs & toys. We keep our porta cot there too.

I would say a high chair & porta cot are very handy for any grandparent to have on hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Our family lives interstate so it's unnecessary for us, but if we lived closer we would. I wouldn't bother with a baby bath, it's easy enough to jump in a big bath with the baby or shower. I also wouldn't bother with a change table.

I would have:
    - portacot
    - toys
    - play mat
    - toiletries like baby bath, wipes, etc
    - nappies
    - high chair

I wouldn't bother with anything else.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    This. All grandparents have these at their place (minus toiletries.. and the nappies they have are afew I left at each place for spares) and it is so much easier. My dad also has spare clothes, boots, raincoat and thick winter jacket because he lives on a farm and ds loves getting messy in the mud / rain / horse yard / chook pen.

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL has clothes, nappies, wipes, more toys than we do, excessive amounts of plastic bowls and spoons.

While I appreciate that she has all that the clothes, nappies and wipes make me feel like she doesn't trust me to pack stuff for my children (stems from a SIL who never packed anything). All I really want her to have is a high chair, playmat, a few toys and a cot/portacot. Not having a cot is the most annoying thing because she sleeps my children on the floor and it's not ideal when she is a hoarder and sleeps at the other end of the house. I'm worried they will get out of bed and pull a pile of **** on themselves or touch the fire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely idea OP. So thoughtful. Perhaps take your lead from the soon-to-be-parents as to what they think might be a good idea to have? A cot would be great for day and night sleeps, nappies(Although they grow so fast when brand new), wipes, some toys. The highchair can come later. Your first grandchild, how exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has everything for dd at her house. She runs a family daycare so uses it for that too. Dd has her own bed, clothes, toys etc when she was a bub she had a cot, high chair, stroller. And she bought a car seat when we had her too. It makes it so easy I barely have to pack anything and dd sleeps over there all the time cos her nani is her favourite person in the whole world!

It's a great idea not pushy at all makes life easier if you'll be visiting often.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app