+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks so much... I have been thinking about it the last few days and wanted your advice hopefully in 2-3 weeks we find out sex then Grandpa-to be can make a toy box I will ditch the baby bath, like you said we can bath in the sink ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad has a high chair and toys - he only lives 5 minutes away so its no trouble to take stuff with us.
    My in laws live 2 hours away and they have toys, portacot, highchair and baby toys for the pool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My IL's live 6 hours away. They bought a brand new cot for DD and mattress with sheets. When we are going there she asks what DD needs and buys them. They also have a high chair and pram so when we fly up there we don't have to lug ours around! We really appreciate it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's a great idea! And very thoughtful.

My parents have: cot, change table, toddler bed, 2 highchairs (just cheap Ikea ones which are the best anyway!), heaps of toys, a cheap Target double stroller, plates/bib/cutlery for kids and I'm sure other stuff I've forgotten. I go over there very regularly and it's so helpful. They also have grandchildren that live interstate who come and stay for weeks at a time. I provide packs of nappies to leave at their house.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think at the least a high chair, somewhere to change the baby, and as added extras a portacot and somewhere to put the baby down like a bouncer or playmat and a couple of toys. I wouldn't bother with nappies because they will always have their own in a nappy bag, and it will probably be a waste to have your own as the baby will grow out of them before they get used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have a port-a-cot set up and that's all.

They have toys, bath stuff etc.

I have a "my little seat" as a portable high chair.
    http://www.mylittleseat.com

I just use a bed with my roll out change mat for changing. And I leave a handful of nappies and wipes there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have a cot, high chair, we just use the sink and the bath when bigger and I brought a cheap pram to leave there
    My Mil has a highchair, l took a cot and bouncer to leave there as she only lives 20min away so we go there quiet often

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks all.. they live an hour from us so im thinking its all a good idea.. They have already left a few baby things here like a play mat and of course I have already bought a few things like toys... thanks for all the great advice.. Merry Christmas !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a wonderful idea. Your not being controlling at all.
    My mum has a high chair, porta cot, blankets and toys all for when ds comes to visit. Im so grateful as then we dont have to drag all that stuff with us when we come to visit

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've asked my dad to clean and restore the old highchair we used, he used and my nan used its 83 yrs old and beautiful wood. I told my parents i would buy a portacot for their place, and leave some toys and stuff there as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app