So this year I noticed that there hasn't been as many people on the hub stressing about buying their kids Christmas presents, which is awesome, and I know it comes a bit late with Christmas in a few days but I just had an idea that can maybe come in handy next year, or for birthdays throughout the year.
My idea is things that you can make for your kids from things around the house, or that you can get for a few dollars to make stuff with.
So far I only have a few and I hope this thread works and people will want to participate, but figured I'd give it a shot.
My ideas so far:
- Different coloured home made play doughs.
- A voucher book to be used throughout the year for a trip to the park/picnic/visit to the museum, etcetera.
- A book of black and white pictures printed off the net and a pack of pencils for colouring ins.
- Box of home made cookies/home made lollies.
- Knitted/crocheted teddy bear/doll/blanket(You can get wool really cheap on sale and patterns off the net for them)
- Home made book of "kid appropriate" science experiments, and a science kit to use it with (so bicarb in a bottle, vinegar, empty coke bottle for bottle rockets, etc)
- A treasure map and a buried treasure of some description at the end of the hunt.
- If the kids have a specific interest in a topic, a hand made book of interesting facts and space for them to add to it.
That's all I've got so far, so feel free to add to the list if you have any ideas. =)
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app