+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MinkyJ View Post
    Yeah but I also do not wipe my bum with one sheet of paper. Anyone that does would be better sticking to paper both $ wise and environmentally.
    And getting some antiseptic hand wash....this is just so disgusting!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not bothered by it particularly but I do think replacing them every 5 years is a bit off, particularly if they are stained like they were in that clip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I'm not bothered by it particularly but I do think replacing them every 5 years is a bit off, particularly if they are stained like they were in that clip.
    yeah that was pretty gross, thus my point you'd be replacing them relatively quickly, which would make it just as expensive. I think it's different than cloth pads - not only is one blood the other poo (I find the latter much worse), but most women don't have a basket of stained cloth pads sitting in a basket by the loo, so if they are a little strained no one sees them anyway .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't read all posts, but I recently saw an interview with a 100 yr old woman who, when asked what the best invention of her lifetime was, said that flushing toilets and toilet paper was the best. I can see her point. Sanitation has improved out of sight since we've had flushing loos and toilet paper that hasn't required the kind of washing you mention in op. I know it's an option to wash your own, but the benefits of not using material far, far, far outweigh and environmental/budget factors of using cloth.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (24-12-2013),VicPark  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Probably too much information but... A friend was telling me once that she uses sea sponges as tampons to save money, she washes them and reuses them. Totally gross I recon!
    It's not really any different to washing out your undies if you've unexpectedly had AF rear her ugly head.
    I used to be grossed out by the thought of menstrual cups but now I'm converted. I actually find it fascinating.
    But each to their own.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It's not any different really to cloth nappies and cloth wipes *shrugs* to each their own
    Exactly. Not much different to using cloth pads either.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum always says there was nothing worse then having to use cloth sanitary napkins when she was a teenager, and hated her mum for making her use them when disposable ones were available.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chanandler Bong View Post
    I've seen enough Extreme Couponing Episodes to know that if coupons are used to full potential you don't have to pay for toilet paper over there in US. Most eps the person had enough to last a year that they got for free.
    OMG I cant get over that show.. it amazes me how much they get for so little and how they store it all and are so organised. I like the families that donate to churches etc with all their goods.. I wish we had it here , I would so do it and set up a food/supply bank

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Miss Chanandler Bong  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    For me there's a big difference between menstrual blood, which is actually quite clean, and poo. Each to their own i guess. I would be fine using a cup or cloth pads, but no way I would reuse toilet cloths