+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't get how a spray bottle gets rid of the *ahem* solid waste??

Certainly not my thing. I'm not sure I buy the less water argument. I was reading an article that said one roll of toilet paper takes 38 gallons of water. But to wash the cloths that would equal a roll you are looking at that for a washing load, more if it's not a top loader. I agree it's better bc paper isn't going into water ways, but the water excuse is redundant.
    Umm front loaders use 15 to 25 gallons of water and tbh I could fit more than 100 little pieces of cloth in mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Each to their own - I use cloth nappies but no way would I do this personally. Why not use a bidet? You can install them very cheaply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

You use one square per ahem...session So it's not like you are hot washing each day. You'd dry pail or vinegar/water pail them in between washes.
    Ewwwwww.....the smell 😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen enough Extreme Couponing Episodes to know that if coupons are used to full potential you don't have to pay for toilet paper over there in US. Most eps the person had enough to last a year that they got for free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chanandler Bong View Post
    I've seen enough Extreme Couponing Episodes to know that if coupons are used to full potential you don't have to pay for toilet paper over there in US. Most eps the person had enough to last a year that they got for free.
    Yep those couponers are crazy!

I've seen worse things on Extreme Cheapskates tho... Like the couple who reused toothfloss, the pregnant woman who dumpster dived for vitamins and medications. And none of these ppl were super poor either, very strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

You use one square per ahem...session .
    Ahhh... What if it was an ahem...extra difficult session? One cloth wouldn't do me...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-12-2013),CleverClogs  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably too much information but... A friend was telling me once that she uses sea sponges as tampons to save money, she washes them and reuses them. Totally gross I recon!

I won't use cloth nappies because soaking them in a bucket/rinsing them and then putting them in the washing machine grosses me out. I just don't find it hygienic. Same applies with the thought of the topic of this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MinkyJ View Post
    Umm front loaders use 15 to 25 gallons of water and tbh I could fit more than 100 little pieces of cloth in mine.
    yes front loaders are around 20-25, top loaders around 25-30 for a family, sometimes more. The average roll is 200 sheets not 100. And you'd struggle to get 200 of those in one load unless you have a big machine... which ups the water consumption. So to me that's negligible water savings. By the time you factor in water, powder, power and the money for all that fabric the savings would be negligible too. As I said, the only positive I see is the paper doesn't end up in the sewerage and these days most toilet paper is biodegradable anyway.

I could care less if anyone does it. But I think it's a bit like cloth nappies the benefits are often overstated. JMHO

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (22-12-2013),Gracie's Mum  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    yes front loaders are around 20-25, top loaders around 25-30 for a family, sometimes more. The average roll is 200 sheets not 100. And you'd struggle to get 200 of those in one load unless you have a big machine... which ups the water consumption. So to me that's negligible water savings. By the time you factor in water, powder, power and the money for all that fabric the savings would be negligible too. As I said, the only positive I see is the paper doesn't end up in the sewerage and these days most toilet paper is biodegradable anyway.

I could care less if anyone does it. But I think it's a bit like cloth nappies the benefits are often overstated. JMHO
    Yeah but I also do not wipe my bum with one sheet of paper. Anyone that does would be better sticking to paper both $ wise and environmentally.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MinkyJ For This Useful Post:

ozeymumof5  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MinkyJ View Post
    Yeah but I also do not wipe my bum with one sheet of paper. Anyone that does would be better sticking to paper both $ wise and environmentally.
    But see I don't see how cloth is different? you need to wipe so many times no matter if it's paper or cloth. Using material doesn't mean you only wipe once lol And given they would stain a fair bit you would have to replace them every few months at least. The pictures of new cloths on blogs might look nice, but the reality would be a heap of stained cloth scraps sitting in your toilet for everyone to see.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (22-12-2013)