+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default CD's or itunes???

Which do you buy and why? There seems to be good and bad for both. I'm looking at buying some music for DS and not sure which way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I prefer Spotify to iTunes. Roughly $12 per month and you can download any music you want. Rarely use iTunes now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD's your DS can listen to on a CD player in his room, at a friends house, in the car etc and can share amongst friends/family.

Plus you can download the CD tracks onto your computer and use them in iTunes for use on the computer and iPod.

iTunes the songs are linked to your computer and can only be played on an iDevice and can't be shared.

That said I personally haven't bought a CD in at least 7 years and use ahem different means to get music into my iTunes and then plug my iPhone into my car or stereo to listen to music outside of the computer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go digital. iTunes or spotify.

We have about 1000 CDs just taking up room and it drives me insane! We never pull them out.

We just connect our phone to Bluetooth at home and in the car, and if we're going somewhere else we either take our iPod Dock or check if they have Bluetooth or an aux cable if we know we'll want to play music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    iTunes! Buy it once, It can be put on all devices, played through our Bluetooth towers in each room, connects to the car CD player and they don't get lost/scratched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    I prefer Spotify to iTunes. Roughly $12 per month and you can download any music you want. Rarely use iTunes now.
    Me too. I am more worried about when I don't have an iPhone/iPod that all my music purchased on iTunes will be lost.

I create my own playlists from thousands of songs and use it daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an old iphone that I'm not using and thought I would use it to put DS's music on to so anything I get from itunes will play on that and also my ipad. My phone is a android, can I put itune downloads on it or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CD's as iTunes music is AAC not mp3. Although AAC is better quality than mp3, you're limited to how many devices you can use the songs on. I think it's capped at 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Google Play Music on our phones and it can all be linked on the computer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I love having hard copies if everything, so prefer CDs, but I have bought loads of songs from iTunes.