+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 weeks, 3 days, oh dear..

:/ I am a young, twenty one year old (a week off my twenty second birthday!) Canberran, and have found myself, according to two home pregnancy tests..Pregnant. I'm quite confused, upset and not really sure how I am going to approach the next few weeks. I really don't feel I am ready for this, and I feel guilty for saying that. Anyone else who feels this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I felt abit the same when I found out I was pregnant ( I'm the same age as you) but am now almost due and feel completely different to when I first found out. Do you have support around you? That helped me a great deal.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (21-12-2013),mrsd  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't told my parents, which I feel is neither for the better or worse. Both will be angry and 'disappointed'- which I can accept and completely understand. I just.. don't need that negativity. (Is not being able to like, do 'enter' and create a space a thing here?) The father is being supportive, as are my close friends.. But I do not think I will continue on with this pregnancy. Which does break my heart just a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I thought the same about my parents, they were neither angry or disappointed but I think a little sad that I was so anxious about telling them thinking they wouldn't have a supportive reaction. You may be surprised as too how they take it.

But first and foremost the decision of where you go from here regarding the pregnancy is completely up to you, just don't make the decision based on being worried about others reactions. That's the first thing that went through my head and then I thought, wait a minute, this is my body and my baby and I need to do what's right for me. I obviously ended up continuing with the pregnancy and I know this was the right decision for me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-12-2013),mrsd  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your advice. I'm heading to the doctor today, after three positive pregnancy tests and still being late. (And I've got a flu on top of that!) I feel dreadful in more way than one. At the moment, I'm not sure how to feel. I am leaning towards termination, which I am completely fine with.. It's just that, I love my embryo. :/ The rest of this conversation probably belongs in the termination section, but I really don't know how people would approach my feelings towards this.. And thank you so much, again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elizabeth1102 For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 22 when I gave birth to my first child. I was young, never had any experience with babies let alone new borns and I was terrified but I knew that I had the support of the father and friends and family and despite being worried what my parents would say, they were happy and excited. Please don't worry what you think your parents will think, they may surprise you and after all you are an adult who can make her own decisions ... My DS 18 is having a baby with his 18 yr old GF, they are 18 weeks and whilst I was shocked , my love for my son never changed and they have my full support. Your parents may surprise you and supportive... I hope things work out for you and your bubba

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your well wishing. I really do appreciate it, so much.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Elizabeth feel free to PM me, I am pro-choice and have had a termination myself so happy to chat xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you choose termination it's just as important to have support. Maybe call up and ask to speak to a councillor before making a decision if you are unsure?.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (13-01-2014),Serenity Love  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1102 View Post
    Thank you so much for your well wishing. I really do appreciate it, so much.
    Take a few days to get over the flu and then re assess how you feel. Don't rush into things whilst feeling like crap. You need to get better and then work out what you want to do.. you still have some time... Do you have a close aunty or relative you can talk to?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (11-01-2014)