+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sucks OP, you're not being unreasonable. Perhaps suggest he take her after a feed and give yourself nap. If he's so keen to go visiting, let him and take advantage of some time to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say to people we will be at xxx on xxx at xx time. Love to see you please join us! Maybe do two different times or places if need be.
    All my family live overseas and its exhausting going home. When I take DD home this is what I will do x

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find it quite bizarre actually that your the one that has to visit? You had the baby not them? Don't ppl go visiting the new baby not you going out saying here is my baby?? How strange.

It's like having major surgery then being expected to go visit someone after urself when ur still revovering?

If thry are just around the corner get them to blo.dy come!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just learn to say no...

Tell hubby you are finding it difficult to breastfeed and settle bub while travelling all over the place. Say you are getting stressed with all the pressure of trying to look after a newborn while being on the road. Tell hubby he either supports you and bub not travelling (by going out by himself or making the 'afternoon tea' idea where everyone visits you work... What do you mean it was too hard to organise...pfffttttt) .... Or you will go home.

You are the master of your own domain. Just say no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I think you just need to speak up OP. maybe they feel like they have to entertain you and that you want to get out of the house every day. They might be quietly relieved you just want to have a day at home doing not much. Just chat to them about it, they won't be offended surely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No help but your situation happens with both sides of our families.

We just deal with it. Go out only in mornings when children are happier. Always home for lunch and naps.

I'm currently with the in laws and yes we are out and about with both kids every day. Such is life. There are pros and cons to having a good family and friend network and this is a con but its much more preferable to not having a village.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with pp's. Just say no! If you and your baby are so important to them then they will come to you.
    After I had DD2 I took a stand as I was sick of doing what everyone else wanted (am even having Christmas at my house this year for the first time ever instead of having to travel!)
    DH's sister still hasn't met DD2 because she won't come to us,she's almost 5 months old now but it's her loss, she's the one missing these precious moments!