+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Trimester Fatigue: Any ways to overcome it?

It is starting to get to the point where getting off the couch to get a glass of water is tiring me out. I am also trying to do uni readings for my masters but am finding it overwhelmingly exhausting to concentrate and focus.

Anyone have proven tips to beat this fatigue??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get your iron levels checked but apart from that, the fatigue is pretty normal unfortunately

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

hangingupsidedown  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, check iron levels. And then take it easy Don't try and push yourself because it just won't work. Take naps if you can, and chip away at what needs doing little by little. I was like that this last week or two, especially while the nausea was bad, but for the time being it's gotten better and I'm a bit more productive today. Take advantage of those days, if they come. And delegate what you can, like housework!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biscuitfeatures For This Useful Post:

hangingupsidedown  (22-12-2013),MinkyJ  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All very wise advice thank you

It's hard to explain to others what the fatigue is like, only my friends and family who have kids truly understand!

It's just so hard when i am trying to complete an intensive masters summer school subject...perhaps I was too ambitious, but i refuse to accept defeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crap, I'm suffering right now! Hubby tries to understand but cannot. He does help but then just assumes I will do stuff. Sigh. I'm so tired. And sick like I'm hung over!

I'm heading to my mums in the new year, I go for a week without hubby then he comes for a week. She will understand and her and my sister will take my 11 month old off my hands so I can rest! I'm just hanging for that!

And living in a messy house where we eat crappy food.

Ps still have to cook Christmas Day but have kept it easyish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, my hubby is lovely and is sympathetic but doesn't get why I can't seem to focus on study. I shouldn't complain, he's outside doing all manner of hard labour fixing our backyard in 35+ heat, while he insists I stay in the air conditioned house! So I'm trying Sooooooo hard to focus on study because I feel bad I can't help him. But all I can think of is how awesome a nap would be about now haha.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (22-12-2013)