+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought my DS 'big' pressie in the mid year toy sales & laybyed, along with toys for my nieces & godchildren.

All adult presents were bought yesterday, with the exception of one that I still haven't bought

I'm usually a last minute shopper, but this year I'm so glad I laybyed all of those toys, cause right now we couldn't afford having to buy all of those upfront now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i start around june (toy sales). I have DS's birthday 10 days before xmas and DD's birthday 10 days after. I HAVE to be organised. If i didnt start early nothing would happen.
    I make alot of xmas pressies (this year i made personalized cushion covers for extended family. I usually do photos and baked good too.

Im usually done buy the start of Dec so i can avoid the shops like the plague. I HATE busy shopping centers, especially around xmas...people are NUTS!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I laybyed in the July toy sales, it really world well for me and I hate leaving things until the last minute and the shops are so busy and awful! For me, leaving it until December causes too much stress!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually last minute. I bought them early this year as I knew I was having bub just before xmas and didn't want to brave the shops at 1wk PP.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Always in December. My kids are always changing their minds and there is great last minute specials. I've got quite a few things at half price...just Santa stuff to buy now and I'll do that Xmas eve.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always use the toy sales in june/july . I have all the grandchildren sorted and can take until Christmas eve to pay for it. The adult children get vouchers. Then I only have to get food ready for Christmas day. I have a bunch of birthdays in the last half of the year so the Christmas layby might include those birthdays as well. All sorted and no stress. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do the bulk of mine in June when the toy sales are on. In December I'll get last minute things plus dads gifts to the boys (he deposits the money, I choose).

I don't like going to the shops as it gets closer to Christmas. I got verbally abused last week by some female who decided I stole her car park. Never mind she was only turning into the isle, down the other end when I was pulling into it Bit OT there, sorry

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Usually not until December, though I tend to have the bulk of it done a week before Xmas because I hate the last minute rush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    December. Usually with 2wks or so to go, i start buying things. I find DS interests change too much to be buying early in the year.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    June through to December. I like to spread the financial burden. Also my shopping options are limited here so a lot of stuff I've bought online and like to make sure to right things are arriving on time.