Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Gals,

We are having to change fertility centres We did go to a seminar here at WFC the main thing I'm a little skeptical about is like during egg retrieval they don't put u under...what are ur opinions on this? Has anyone had both experiences? I'm just a little worried about not being under..

Wish u all well in your journeys and am sorry to those who have been unsuccessful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, no luck getting an earlier transfer the doc is in surgery" but they said she's always punctual, so I'll just rock up early, try and get everything else done then make a dash for it. I've been checking the online traffic gadget thingy everyday and they say it should only take me 35 mins to get to the airport. I won't have any luggage and will have already checked in, so will need to get to immigration check in by about 240, I think it's doable as long as the doc is on time!
    @sarahf, I have a tight cervix so Pap smears and transfers are a little painful. For my other transfers I took a cpl o'd panadeine extra's about 40 mins before transfer, it helped with the pain and relaxing me! This time I'll be taking Valium.
    @NessyNoodles867 I have not been under for my last 4 egg collections. As long as you are aware that can happen (some people get knocked out by the twilight sedation, I'm not one of them!) it's a little uncomfortable, but in the grand scheme of things is over quickly and can't have been too bad because I keep going back!

AFM I've had a cpl of super busy days at work (12hrs plus) and have only been getting about 4-5hrs sleep so I am exhausted! The prognova is taking it out of me as well. I'm also on antibiotics, steroids, blood thinning injections and Wfc asked me to start progesterone today so it's a massive cocktail of drugs to take.
    @mrsjaguar how's the tww going? When is your test day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed I'm sure it will all work our.

Ivf #1 2 day transfer BFN
    Ivf #2 5 day transfer BFN
    FET 5 day Blasts BFP miscarriage 8 weeks
    Started IVF finished the pill now on Synarel waiting for AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Test day not until the 25th. I'm a chronic POAS-er though and already negative at 5dp5dt. I got my positive with Georgia at 10dpo, so feeling quite down.

Sick as a dog too. This cold sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NessyNoodle867 View Post
    Hey Gals,

We are having to change fertility centres We did go to a seminar here at WFC the main thing I'm a little skeptical about is like during egg retrieval they don't put u under...what are ur opinions on this? Has anyone had both experiences? I'm just a little worried about not being under..

Wish u all well in your journeys and am sorry to those who have been unsuccessful xx
    Hi Nessy, I know everyone is different but I honestly preferred the sedation rather than a GA for EPU. With the sedation I could hear voices but couldn't feel anything and felt no pain. The best thing was I was 100% recovered 15 mins later. I don't tolerated a GA very well and often vomit for 6hrs afterwards etc. So for me sedation is definitely my preferred option, but I know it makes other ladies nervous. Take care whatever you decide xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Test day not until the 25th. I'm a chronic POAS-er though and already negative at 5dp5dt. I got my positive with Georgia at 10dpo, so feeling quite down.

Sick as a dog too. This cold sucks.
    Oh mrs j hope you feel better soon. My DH has tonsillitis so I really hope he doesn't share it around. Hopefully your frosty is just taking it's time settling in xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsjaguar it might just be too early, wasn't Georgia from a fresh stim cycle? Maybe a fet takes longer?

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsJ, I am sure it is just because its a bit early. FX for you! Hope you get well soon too.

Chiefs, hope that tomorrow goes well for you. You really deserve a break from all the craziness. I don't think God is giving you any 'signs' like you said before - its your turn for sure, and I'll be praying especially for you!

Bel, I have mine retroverted too. It was a bit disappointing that it took Dr Smith a while to 'find the right spot' with me in my first transfer. But for my second, which was by Dr Alan, wasn't so bad. Good luck with your TWW.

Nessy, I was out within a few seconds during my (only) EC, so I am the lucky ones. I haven't heard anyone complain so far about it being too uncomfortable though.

So Real, have fun with all the jabbing Hope it is all worth it for you in the end.

Everyone else,

I start Gonal-F tonight, followed by additional Luveris next week. Although I was already taking Syranel, I feel that the action really begins with the jabs
    The only thing I don't like is to have to get the timing right. I already have so many alarms in my phone for my different medications and Syranel and so on. I have to rely on technology, as I simply can't depend on my own memory these days I guess that's the last thing I should be complaining about though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Thought I'd pop by, I've been watching this forum to see how everyone is doing.

Mrs J - it might be just a bit early, it's so hard not to test though.

Chiefs- good luck tomorrow, hope they are running on time for you.

Nessy - I don't have a great story with sedation, but I think it's because I was so over stimulated that they didn't calculate the time it would take to get 16 eggs. Best thing is the recovery, your not as groggy as GA.

Mumne - how exciting that everything is all go for you. I remember being so excited that I was starting the sniffing and jabbing.

I had devastating news today, I'm 5w5d and it's ectopic, have to have surgery to remove my tube tomorrow. The wee thing even has a heartbeat, I think that was the hardest part I don't do early pregnancy well, the last one I was in hospital with severe OHSS and my ovaries were so large they were worried they could tort, at least I got my beautiful DD with that one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zobear For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear your news Zobear, so devastated for you. I've had an ectopic in the past too :-(
    Take care in the op and hope you have a quick recovery xxx warmest hugs