+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I did not choose the 17 year figure. Ben Santer did. Are you saying that Santer is wrong?

What source are you referring to quote your 97% figure from? It is amazing how often people, including the media, say '97% blah blah' without knowing where it actually came from. It will either be from a manipulated survey of 77 people, or from John Cook's dodgy maths (which turned 0.3% into 97%). Your call.
    The sources for the 97% figures are in one of the other long winded thread about the same topic that you started and were proved wrong - as you would know.

Argue the topic. I'm not saying anything about the article other than 17 years in the scheme of things is less than a strawberry seed next to uluru. It is 0.0085% of the time that humans have been on Earth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    The sources for the 97% figures are in one of the other long winded thread about the same topic that you started and were proved wrong - as you would know.

Argue the topic. I'm not saying anything about the article other than 17 years in the scheme of things is less than a strawberry seed next to uluru. It is 0.0085% of the time that humans have been on Earth.
    Proved wrong? With what facts?

Comparing 17 years to the length of time humans have existed is irrelevant. Ben Santer, a renowned climate scientist has said that 17 years is very important in being able to distinguish between human related caused of climate variation, and that of the natural environment. If you choose to ignore his scientific information, I can only imagine what other science you choose to ignore because it is inconvenient.

I'll ask you again. Do you respect Santer's scientific opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In one of your previous discussions, I posted the percentage amount of scientist in many of the big scientific organisations worldwide, who agree that climate change as it stands now is man made, in almost all of those organisations the figures were at the high 90 percents. Which you would know, if you actually bothered to read anyones posts. But you don't, because you don't actually want to engage in discussions, you prefer to try and force people to believe only what you yourself believe in. Not very scientific way to be, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I did not choose the 17 year figure. Ben Santer did. Are you saying that Santer is wrong?

What source are you referring to quote your 97% figure from? It is amazing how often people, including the media, say '97% blah blah' without knowing where it actually came from. It will either be from a manipulated survey of 77 people, or from John Cook's dodgy maths (which turned 0.3% into 97%). Your call.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    November was the hottest November ever recorded around the world. Even the oceans were warmer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My other post disappeared, so once again-
    F, the vast majority of scientists in this field agree that climate change is a result of the actions of man.
    You don't. We get it. Not entirely sure what your aim is, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-12-2013),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Father - I suggest you make some time to watch this (but won't be surprised if you don't).

http://www.upworthy.com/one-guy-with-a-marker-just-made-the-global-warming-debate-completely-obsolete-7

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    this really sums up how I feel about this subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7i-K3nw5mo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For the non clickers -

''Certainly there is no global surface data set which shows 1998 was the warmest on record.'' Globally, the climate system holds significant heating momentum as humans continue to burn fossil fuels and drive the emission of other greenhouse gases.
    Carbon dioxide levels rose 2.2 parts per million to 393.1 in 2012, bringing atmospheric levels to 41 per cent higher than in pre-industrial times, the World Meteorological Organisation said last month.
    ''If you actually look at the amount of heat that the earth's absorbing, it's tracking up almost monotonically,'' Jones says. - Dr David Jones, head of climate analysis at the bureau

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/cl...#ixzz2o3TRxQaV

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/cl...#ixzz2o3T9mgwN

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (21-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And

Pitman says 2013's likely global ranking of fourth-hottest year ever is exceptional not least because the most significant driver of climate variation - the El Nino-Southern Oscillation in the Pacific - remains in neutral mode. He likens this to the surprise when an athlete at sea-level breaks a record that had been set at high altitude.
    ''We shouldn't be breaking records in any years other than an intense El Nino,'' he says. ''Quite why the globe is as warm as it appears to be is worrisome.'' -Professor Andy Pitman, director of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science at the University of NSW

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/cl...#ixzz2o3TytwCl

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/cl...#ixzz2o3Teq3m1