+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really do not feel that further discussion would be productive; it's rather like trying to debate a creationist, since nothing I say seems to have the slightest impact.

So I will leave you and your muse, "Dr Roy Spencer PhD", to revel in your denialism without further dignifying that position with pointless debate.

eta: As a closing thought, do you realise why the graph you just posted is statistical nonsense?
    Last edited by JohnC; 20-03-2014 at 21:39. Reason: closing thought

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (20-03-2014),beebs  (22-03-2014),HollyGolightly81  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I really do not feel that further discussion would be productive; it's rather like trying to debate a creationist, since nothing I say seems to have the slightest impact.

So I will leave you and your muse, "Dr Roy Spencer PhD", to revel in your denialism without further dignifying that position with pointless debate.

eta: As a closing thought, do you realise why the graph you just posted is statistical nonsense?
    I find it interesting that you are unable to provide a current graph showing how well the models have been working. If you have such confidence in them, you should be able to objectively show why.

Statistical nonsense? How so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure he could provide lots, just as others have provided lots, I'm not sure you would take any of it on board. That is the only reason no one bothers anymore Father. It isn't because we can't show evidence the global warming is happening. It is that most all scientists in the world agree it is, provide evidence and do studies that all confirm the same thing, and you still keep banging on with your one quote and your one source of info.

I agree with JohnC - it is like arguing with a creationist. How can you argue with someone if they discount almost all evidence? You just can't. But have fun with your 17 years. I'm sure it will be comforting to you in about 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I find it interesting that you are unable to provide a current graph showing how well the models have been working. If you have such confidence in them, you should be able to objectively show why.

Statistical nonsense? How so?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-03-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    When you manage to put a human on the moon I will consider your science over NASA's science. Until then I'm sticking with NASA.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-03-2014),beebs  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    When you manage to put a human on the moon I will consider your science over NASA's science. Until then I'm sticking with NASA.
    Do you consider Roy Spencer's science? He worked for, and received awards from, NASA? Or is he some loony that needs to be ignored because he asks questions that others don't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you consider Roy Spencer's science? He worked for, and received awards from, NASA? Or is he some loony that needs to be ignored because he asks questions that others don't?
    Roy is pretty widely regarded as a bit of a "loony" actually. Not only for his stance on climate change but for being a creationist.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/ske...oy_Spencer.htm

http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/02/20...-warming-nazis

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Roy_Spencer

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roy_Spencer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Roy is pretty widely regarded as a bit of a "loony" actually. Not only for his stance on climate change but for being a creationist.
    What was NASA thinking. Obviously knows nothing about science.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What was NASA thinking. Obviously knows nothing about science.
    Didn't he leave NASA 13 years ago? And then (from wiki):
    Spencer is a signatory to An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming,[24][25] which states that "Earth and its ecosystems – created by God's intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence – are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting".[26] He believes that most climate change is natural in origin, the result of long-term changes in the Earth's albedo and that anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions have caused some warming, but that its warming influence is small compared to natural, internal, chaotic fluctuations in global average cloud cover.[27]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Didn't he leave NASA 13 years ago? And then (from wiki):
    Spencer is a signatory to An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming,[24][25] which states that "Earth and its ecosystems – created by God's intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence – are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting".[26] He believes that most climate change is natural in origin, the result of long-term changes in the Earth's albedo and that anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions have caused some warming, but that its warming influence is small compared to natural, internal, chaotic fluctuations in global average cloud cover.[27]
    Sounds like a pretty good statement to me. Which bit(s) don't you agree with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a pretty good statement to me. Which bit(s) don't you agree with?
    The intelligent design bit, for starters. Are you a creationist, F?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-03-2014)